Chapter 22

Nashi's POV:

Its been two years since I've joined Fairy Tail, and today is the anniversary of mama's death. I'm now eight years old and my looks have changed a lot. My hair now has slight blonde streaks in it and my eyes are a mixture of green and brown, my looks have followed mama mostly because she isn't here with me but there are some aspects of daddy too. My normal look is now a pale pink top and white shorts. The shirt has some keys on the chest of it and my white short have a blue flame design on the edge of the shorts, I also wear the scarf just like daddy and my celestial keys are held on my hip in mama's holder. As I walk to the guild hall from dads house Gale runs over to me smiling.

"Hey Nashi. Do you think we could start training today? I know you said you would help me next week but I really want to learn!" He says looking at me with a determined look.

"Um sure, I don't see why not. Crystal are you coming?" I shout to my pale blue exceed.

"Aye!" She yells flying over to me.

As the three of us walk over to the Magnolia South Gate park, Crystal sits on my shoulder reading a book. To me she is the perfect mix of both of her parents, much to Carla's disgust she has started to use her father Happy's catchphrase but has started to show signs of her mother's powers of being able to tell the future.

"So Gale did you read the book I gave you about dragon slayer magic?" I ask him with a smirk.

"Um...define read...." He says scratching his head.

"And your mother is Levy Redfox!" I say laughing at him.

He smiles at me and we walk to the centre of Magnolia South Gate park, I stand in front of Gale and look at him with a serious look on my face.

"Right Gale this is going to be difficult because it would seem that you weren't born with your father's magic like you hoped, so its going to be like starting from square one. But I can sense a dragon spirit inside you its just a case of getting it out, so first I want you to pull in as much magic energy as you can. As if you were going to use a breath attack." I say to him tucking my hair behind my ears.

He nods and then sits down on the soft grass, he begins to meditate and his body radiates a soft black glow. As he continues to meditate small balls surround his body and then move into his body as if being absorbed, he holds out his hand and then I notice something. The skin on his hand is slightly darker than the rest of his body, it must be the dragon inside of him. He then gasps and falls back exhausted.

"So how was it?" I ask him smiling.

"Tiring. Very tiring." He says panting.

"Lets head back to the guild. I'll buy you a drink." I say offering him my hand.

He takes my hand and we walk back to the guild hall, Crystal sits on my head smiling happily. As we walk inside all my friends run over to me smiling excitedly.

"What's going on everyone?" I ask confused.

"We wanted to give you this Nashi. We all pitched in to help buy it for you, we know that this is the anniversary of Lucy's death and we decided to get you something." Jenny says passing me an envelope.

I look inside and notice two train tickets. One with my name on it and the other with Crystal's name on it. The train tickets are to Wolfden, my home town. Tears fill my eyes as I look at the tickets, last year I wanted to go there and worked hard to have enough money but Jenny broke one of her mother's prized swords and was terrified about what would happen when she found out. So I gave her the money for the tickets and told her to use it to get the sword fixed.

"I don't know what to say you guy's... Thank you all so much!" I say and pull everyone into a group hug.

"You leave in two hours so go home and pack!" Storm says smiling.

"But I have to buy Gale a drink first, he's exhausted after his first lesson." I respond.

"Lesson?" Nicki asks me confused.

"Yeah I said I would teach him how to use dragon slayer magic. He really wants to learn so I'm helping him with all my own knowledge, he was really good just now so I said I would reward him with a drink." I say smiling back at Gale.

"Just buy me one when you get back." Gale says and then walks over to his mother with a huge grin on her face.

I nod and then Crystal picks me up and we fly over to daddy's house. She drops me by the door and we then walk inside, all the curtains have been drawn and the house has a dark feeling to it. I look over and see dad passed out with beer bottles all around him, I sigh and then pick up some of the bottles. Its like this every time, he drinks him self to death and then shouts at me saying that I look too much like mama. Then he falls asleep and the next morning treats me like a princess. I walk into my room and pick out some clothes and put them into a bag ready to go, along with my clothes I put mama's diary, my black fire and keys blanket, some food and money for the trip, and then mama's unfinished book.

I found it last time I went to Wolfden, it has a note inside saying if found by me try and finish it and give it to Levy. I pick up my bag and notice dad start to stir and prepare my self for what comes next.

"Hey dad I'm going to Wolfden for the next couple of days, I'm not sure when I'll be back but I want you to take care of your self. Happy is only at Wendy's apartment if you need him and there is a communication lacrima just over there." I say pointing to the table. "Erza's code is right next to it if you need some help with anything and there is some fresh food in the fridge." I say and begin to walk to the door.

And then he grabs me.

"WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME LUCY!" He screams at me.

I try to stay calm and place a hand on his chest. "Daddy its me. Little Nashi." I say to him and move away from his grasp. "I'm your daughter Nashi Dragneel." I say with my hand on the door knob.

"I HAVE NO DAUGHTER!" He yells at me

He pulls me and throws me across the room, and I cut my body on all the broken glasses over the floor. I stare at him in shock. Did he just....Hurt me...? Tears fill my eyes and I sprint out of the house. Crystal fly's after me with a look of fear on her face.

"He did it again didn't he Nashi?" She asks me as I slow down.

Panting I nod and then walk onto the train, giving the conductor my tickets. I sit down in a booth all by my self and notice it's a first class booth, they must have wanted me to travel in style. Figures. I look at all the little cuts on my arms and legs and tears fall down my cheeks, why did he do this to me? Most times all I get is a slap or a swat which I usually duck and stay at someone's house until the 'episode' has passed. The thing that stings me more than the wounds on my body is what he said before he did it.

"I have no daughter..." I whisper.

Pulling out one of my keys I summon one of my spirits.

"Open Gate Of The Twins! Gemini!" I yell and they appear in a cloud of gold dust.

"How may we help you today miss Nashi?" They ask in unison.

"Could you turn into mama....please...." I ask them as tears continue to fall.

They nod and mama appears before me in a cloud of smoke. She smiles at me and pulls me into a hug while I sob into her chest, she isn't like my mama because the last time Gemini copied her was when she was a teenager so she doesn't look like the mama I know. But she is still mama. She sits me down on her lap and strokes my hair whispering soft words into my ear and cleaning all of my wounds. With the steady lull of the train and mama's soft words in my ear, I close my eyes and fall into a deep sleep.