Chapter 5

Lucy POV:

As i'm sitting at my desk Nashi is kicking me. She always does this when I get hungry. I smile and place a hand on my bump, but then I feel something strange in my stomach.

"Please excuse me sir, I need to visit the bathroom." I say to Adrian.

"Very well, are you feeling ok?" He asks me.

"Yes i'll be right back." I say and walk to the bathroom.

I sit down on the toilet and feel a ripple go down my stomach. Placing a hand on my bump i realise something. I'm nine months pregnant.... I try to ignore it and walk back to the office.

"Everything ok Lucy?" He asks me as I place a hand on my bump.

"Yeah it just feels a little strange..." I say rubbing my bump.

"What feels strange?" He asks coming over and resting his hand on my shoulder.

"I don't know." I reply and then feel another ripple along my stomach.

"Let me help you home Lucy I'll call the doctor before we go and ask her to meet us there." He says helping me up.

I take his hand and we bump into Willow on the way there. She was dropping the twins off at school and was walking back to the Mansion. 

"Whats wrong Adrian? Lucy?" She says looking us with worry.

"Lucy isn't feeling to well so Anette is going to meet us at her house to check that everything is ok with the baby." Adrian says holding my arm.

"Well then let me help." Willow says taking my other arm.

We walk to my house and Willow helps me to my room while Adrian waits for Anette to come. I lie down on my bed and feel another stronger ripple down my bump. I gasp and clutch my bump and Willow then nods and bring a bowl with a wet flannel into the room. She wipes my head and then looks at me.

"Lucy, I think what your experiencing right now is labour pains." She says holding my hand.

"Really its time?" I ask scared.

She nods and then Anette walks into the room behind Adrian. She takes one look at me then sends Adrian to go back to the mansion.

"Why I want to stay here to make sure that Lucy is ok!" He says looking at Anette.

"Adrian she is in labour and will soon have her baby. I can't work with you here. Willow will be here as moral support for Miss Constella because she is her best friend, but you are not only a man but also not the father of the baby. If Lucy is ok with it then you can stay downstairs but other than that you can't be in the room." Anette says as she puts her bag onto the table.

"Its ok Adrian you can stay downstairs if you want." I say panting and holding my bump when all of a sudden a gush of water comes from between my legs.

"Adrian OUT!" Willow and Anette shout.

He runs out of the room and I feel stronger pains going down my stomach. Anette checks how far along I am and i'm only 8cm so its going to be a while yet. I pant and bite my lip with each pain and think about how with each pain i'm closer to seeing my baby. The pains stop for a while so Willow tells me to get some rest while I can and i'm woken up by a very sharp pain in my stomach.

"Anette!" I shout and Willow holds my hand.

"Right its time to push now Lucy." Anette says pulling on some rubber gloves.

"On the count of three." 

"One"

"Two"

"Three! Push Lucy!" She yells at me.

I push with all my might and then take a breath. I continue to push for what feels like an eternity, but then with one Final Push. My heart feels like its going to burst.

I hear my baby cry.

"Well done Lucy!" Willow says and looks at the baby.

Anette cleans up the baby and cuts the cord. She places the baby on my chest and I feel tears fall down my cheeks.

"She is so beautiful..." I say and Kiss her head.

"Whats her name?" Anette asks with a birth certificate in her hands.

"Nashi." I say and take a good look at my daughter.

She has tufts of pink hair on her head and when she opens her eyes she looks up at me with big brown eyes. She is my world, my life and my heart. I will protect her with my life.

"What's her last name Lucy? Is it Constella like you? Or is it something different." Anette asks me.

"Her last name is Dragneel. After her father..." I say and hold Nashi close to me.

Willow and Anette walk out of my room and leave me alone with Nashi. I stand up and walk down to her room, I've been working hard on it making sure its how I want it. I even painted a picture of me and Natsu on the wall with a small bundle in my arms. I decided to do that so she knew who her father was even if its going to be a while before she see's him.

"I know that I'm not the best mom in the world Nashi but I promise to you right now that I will always care for you." I say and wrap her in something Natsu sent me. Its a beautiful black wool blanket with flame designs all over it with some of my keys sewn onto it. I place Nashi onto the changing mat and wrap her into it and rock her in the rocking chair. I place her into the crib and just sit there watching her.

Natsu POV:

As I'm walking down the streets of magnolia something catches my eye. A news paper article about a town called Wolfden. Its half way across Fiore so not many jobs go that far. The article reads:

News from Wolfden!

New resident Lucy Constella has given birth this years only child in this small town. After leaving her guild Nine months ago she found her self in this small town, where everyone knows eachother and all work for the same family. The humble Wolfden family take on everyone who comes to the town. Adrian and Willow Wolfden say "Its been amazing to get to know Lucy. She is such a ray of sunshine and now with her daughter Nashi we know that they will continue to spread joy in our small town.

Congratulations to Miss Lucy Constella and her daughter Nashi! 

Sounds like a nice place to live, I think to my self. Lucy would love a place like that so I decide that once she is out of the clinic that we will move there together and have many children to fill the small town with laughter. I walk back to the guild hall and see everyone filled with sadness.

"What's wrong everyone?" I ask.

"Master received a letter from the clinic...Lucy wont be able to come back for a long time because she has gotten worse. They are doing everything that they can but.....It doesn't look good...." Erza says with a sad face and tears in her eyes.

"No...." I say and collapse to the ground.