Chapter 6

Lucy POV:

I pick up Nashi and put her in her buggy. She sits there and smiles at me as we start the long walk to the Wolfden Mansion, people wave to us and smile at us. Nashi being the friendly person she is waves back, she is so much like her father is scares me sometimes only because when she starts to walk and talk she will be a real handful. But then I hear something that makes my heart stop.

"Hey Happy lets explore this town!" Natsu shouts.

"Aye sir!" I hear happy reply.

I push Nashi's buggy faster walk into the mansion and straight to the Masters office.

"We have a problem...!" I say while the Nanny takes Nashi to the nursery.

"Natsu is here and he thinks I went away because I was sick. I need you to tell him where I am and that he cant visit because of clinic rooms. I'll be in the room next to the nursery and i'll pretend to be asleep. Please sir I'm not ready to tell him yet!" I say quickly.

"Ok go I'll keep him busy. I'll send a message over to Willow too." He says and I rush out.

"Thank you so much sir!" I say and run out of the room.

I run as fast as my legs can carry me and lie down in the bed next to the nursery. I put some pale pink blush all over my face and lie down under the quilt so my temperature goes up and then lie down and close my eyes so I look like I'm asleep.

"She's in here sir but I really shouldn't be letting you see her. She is very weak." I hear Anette say from behind the door.

The door slowly creaks open and I keep my eyes shut, Natsu walks in and I can hear the flap of wings which must mean that Happy is here too. Where are Erza and Grey? They must be here too.

"She looks so small Natsu..." Happy says.

"She doesn't look like Luce anymore." Natsu says and places his hand on my head.

"Natsu what are you doing here?!" Erza whispers sharply.

"I just needed to see her...." Natsu says and runs his fingers through my hair.

"You can see she is very weak Natsu, we might make her worse if we stay here....." Gray says.

I can feel tears fall down my cheeks. I know I should tell them the truth but I cant bare to tell them yet.

"Don't cry Luce....We will wait for you to come home....To Fairy tail..." Natsu says and then takes my hand.

"Natsu...Her guild mark...." Happy says as he places a paw where my guild mark used to be.

"It must be because of her sickness....." Erza says and I can hear her voice break.

More tears fall down my cheeks and Natsu brushes them away with his fingers. He kisses my cheeks and then speaks.

"She doesn't even smell like Luce anymore....No Strawberry and Vanilla scent...She smells different." He says and I can feel his tears fall onto my face.

"I'm sorry now but she needs her rest...." Anette says and they all walk out of my 'room'.

Once they are gone I lie there and sob. I miss them all so much...But I cant go back yet....Not just yet....

Natsu POV:

As we walk out of Lucy's room I notice she is right next to a nursery. There are two children who are about 6 years old and a little girl who must only be a couple of months old but she looks so much like Luce I stop and stare for a minute.

"Something wrong Natsu?" Erza asks.

"That kid looks like Luce..." I say and then she looks at the child I'm talking about.

"She kinda reminds me of you too, she has the same hair as you." Erza says and walks away.

I walk away but not before the pink haired girl looks my way and waves to me. A woman who must be the Nanny comes and smiles at me.

"Hello may I help you?" She asks.

"No I was just wondering who that girl is." I ask looking at her.

"That is Nashi, Lucy Constella's daughter." She says smiling at me. "Sorry if your not family might I ask that you leave please. The master doesn't like people looking at his children."

"So Nashi is his daughter?" I ask. They didn't mention that in the article.

"No sir she doesn't have a father. Lucy Constella came her all alone and then gave birth to her here in Wolfden." She says and then ushers me to follow everyone.

We leave the Clinic which must double as a mansion because its huge. I look back to the window of the room where Luce is staying and notice her standing by the window. She waves and then makes the Fairy Tail remembrance signal, The one that Master does whenever he tells us something or cheers on out guild. Someone then places a hand on her shoulder and walks her away from my view.

"Good bye Lucy. I'll see you when you come home...." I say and we walk back to the train station.

I suddenly feel very sick and pass out only to wake up back at the guild hall. In magnolia. Thousands of miles away from the one person I want to spend my life with.

Lucy POV:

I cant believe that they came all the way here to Wolfden.

Everyone was there, Erza, Grey, Wendy, Happy, Carla, and most of all Natsu. The way he stroked my cheek made my heart break. He did it like I was dying, and I would hate to leave him. I walk to the nursery and pick up Nashi deciding then and there to take the day off. We walk home instead of using her buggy. I carry her on my hip and the smiles up at me falling asleep on my chest as we walk.

I go inside and place her in her crib and then close the curtains and tuck her in, I kiss her head then walk to my room. I open a box that I have had since I came here it has the Fairy Tail emblem on the top and it made from black wood, its filled with pictures of me and Nashi on the top but under all those pictures are the pictures of Fairy Tail. Every time we went on a job we would take a picture and each get a copy. Natsu put all his on his wall and I would keep them here to make sure they wouldn't get damaged at all.

I look at all the pictures and fall to my knees crying. I hate that I'm torturing them but I want to wait until Nashi is old enough to understand what happened to me. I will tell her stories of someone called Lucy Heartfilia. A Fairy Tail Celestial Spirit Wizard.

And of her father

Natsu Dragneel.