Chapter 12

Nashi POV:

"Its Dragneel" I say to Natsu.

"Wait your name is Drganeel? Whats your mother's name? Where were you born? Whats your father's name?" He starts asking me many different questions.

"Yes my name is Dragneel, My mother's name WAS Lucy, I was born in Wolfden and my father's name is....." I stop then.

"Its ok you can tell me Nashi." He says placing a hand on mine.

*Sigh* "My father's name is Natsu Dragneel" I say lowering my head so that my hair covers my face.

His hand backs away from mine and he stands up. I look up at him to see shock all over his face.

"I have a letter for you Natsu..." I say and go inside my bag.

As I'm going inside my bag I place my keys and scarf on the bed and then pull out my baby book and mommy's photo box.

"What are those?..." Natsu asks me.

"This is my baby book that mommy started before I was born and this is her picture box." I keep looking through my bag and then find a letter addressed to Natsu Dragneel.

"Here you go sir..." I say passing him the letter.

Natsu POV:

She thinks I'm her father? What the hell is going on? I'm trying to stay calm because she is only a little kid. She passes me the letter with my name on it. I sit back down on the bed and slowly open the letter, I'm hit with a strong smell of Strawberry and Vanilla.

Lucy....

I pull out the letter and read what it says.

Dear Natsu.

If you are reading this then my dear Nashi must be there with you. Please tell me she is ok and is safe. I know you must be wondering who she is and what she has to do with you. Well Natsu please brace your self.

She is your daughter.

I found out I was pregnant the day I left fairy tail, Wendy came to treat my stomach because you and I both thought I was sick and then told me she felt two life forces inside me. I told her to say that I was very sick and needed to go to a clinic because of it, she didn't want to lie so don't blame her for any of this please. She was only doing what I asked her to do. So I went to see Master and he told me of a place that I could go to. Don't blame him either please Natsu.

I was so scared because I didn't know what you would think if you found out I was pregnant. In all honesty I was terrified, I went to Wolfden and decided that I would go back once the baby was born, but once she was born.... I couldn't believe how much she looked like you and me. She was such a beautiful baby, if she is with you right now look through the baby book she has. I made sure to keep track of everything.

Her first word believe it or not was 'Aye' and it made me smile so much because it reminded me of you and Happy. She has the appetite of someone with a black hole inside of them, she is always looking for snacks and yummy spicy food to eat because just like her daddy she loves spicy things. She has started to develop your magic too and also my magic. Please don't be angry with me because I didn't come back I was just so scared about what you would say to me about her.

I know I'm dying, so its my last wish that you take care of my little bean.

With all my love

Lucy Heartfilia 

I close the letter with tears falling down my face. Nashi looks at me with her big brown eyes and I pull her into a hug. She goes stiff for a moment but then I feel her small arms wrap around my body. Her head rests on my chest and I place my hand on her head.

"I'm so sorry Nashi....I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. I understand why Lucy kept us apart but I will always be here for you now." I run my fingers through her soft hair and remember all the times I spent doing this to Lucy when she was alive.

"I finally have a daddy...." She whispers into my chest.

We spend the rest of the morning together looking through her baby book and her picture box. Luce looks so happy in lots of these pictures. There are lots of little notes in the baby book. Lots of them it feels like Lucy is here next to us saying everything that's on the page. one says, 'New job today hope my little bean will have fun playing with the kids in the Wolfden Mansion. I miss the guild but know this is for the best.' Another says that she felt her move for the first time and felt like she could cry.

Nashi starts to fall asleep as the day goes on most likely because she's had a long journey and because she is still sick. I lift up the sheets and tuck her in, pulling the sheets over her small body I kiss her head and decide that tomorrow she will come and live with me and we can be a real family. As I'm about to leave she holds onto my hand.

"Pass me mommy's keys please daddy." She asks me.

I pass her the keys and she pulls out one of the silver ones.

"Open Gate of the Harp! Lyra!" She shouts and Lyra appears right in front of us.

"Ready for the good night song Nashi?" She asks her.

"Yes please Lyra..." Nashi says closing her eyes.

Lyra sings a beautiful song to her about being loved even when people aren't there with you. She falls asleep and I walk out of the room to give her a little space. As i'm walking down the stairs back to hall everyone is looking at me confused.

"So who is that girl Natsu?" Erza asks as I sit down at the bar with Mirajane.

"She's my daughter...." I say.

"WHAT?!" The guild shouts.

"She is mine and Lucy's daughter. Read this letter Mira and you'll understand." I say handing her the letter.

She reads the letter and once she is finished she is in tears.

"Its true, She is Natsu and Lucy's daughter..." She says and then others want to read the letter all ending the same with people in tears.

"Well once she is awake we will welcome her into the guild!" Master shouts.

"AYE!" We all shout in response.