Past and Future.

Joseph's POV

I leaned back on the sofa, drinking a can of beer. It was great to get away with stuff. Including rape, assault, kidnapping..my past had been completely worse. I had a criminal record for shoplifting. I had stolen a 50 inch TV just because I couldn't afford it. My very first was incident was when I was 12...

My mother and father had left for a quiet dinner. They left me with my brother and younger sister who was 9. I had to watch them the whole night, checking if my sister was alright. My brother was in his room on the computer. I knew they were both alright, so I decided to watch TV downstairs. Everything was fine till I heard a faint bang. I thought it was my parents, so I rushed into the hallway. No one was there. I thought it could possibly be the wind blowing the porch door shut. I went back into the living room and carried on watching TV, till I heard my younger sister scream. Maybe my brother had been playing tricks on her, but still, I had decided to check up on them.

I had walked into her room to find the window open and the curtains flapping about. That's when I started freaking out. I checked around her room, under the bed, everywhere to see where she was. She was nowhere. I ran into my brothers room. He was gone too. I searched the whole house but they were not there. I rushed outside to see a man, quite tall, carrying a little girl and dragging a body of a little boy to a car. That was defiantly my sister and brother. My dad had a gun, which he would use to catch birds with. I got that out and ran to the car. The mans tire had burst for an unknown reason, so I had a chance. I went up to the car, banging on the windows. My sister was crying so much, I felt sorry for her. My brother looked like he was asleep.

"Give me them back." I held the gun up, aiming at the mans head. Unfortunately, he had refused and decided to take part the car, lighting a lighter up and starting the engine. To this day, I wondered how he did it. He put his foot down, moving the car but I couldn't let him get away. I ran, catching up with him and shot him. Being frightened and guilty, I opened the car door, collecting my sister and brother. I was done for murder. I was taken away, not put in prison due to my age, and had been sent to this special place for 1 year. When I was 13, I came back home.

"Enjoying your drink, mate?" A man walks in with his own can, sitting down opposite me.

"Toby!" I stand up, giving my brother a manly hug.

"Where's Amy?" I question, drinking more.

"She lives with mum and dad." Toby quietly mentions.

"Aw man. That sucks. I was planning to see her." I look down.

"You can see Amy, it's just that I don't see her as much. Mum and dad kicked me out a couple of weeks ago." He places his can on the side and grabs out his phone.

"Don't even ask me why!" His deep voice chuckles.

After escaping the police van, I had traveled down to see Toby and hopefully my family. The last time I saw Toby, Amy and my parents was when I was 15. I walked out on them all. If I visited my parents, I don't know how they'd feel. Angry? Upset? Happy? Also, I wasn't planning to tell Toby about getting arrested. Although, Amy would be great help.

Toby hands me his phone with a number on it.

"Man, what's this?" I question, taking the phone and viewing the number.

"It's Amy's number. Maybe you could ring her." He suggests.

I shrug. "It's not that I don't want to see Amy, it's just, what would she think? Me turning up out of the blue."

"Just call her. She'll be delighted. You do know, she had been asking where you had gone since you left."

"Fine." I mumble, pressing the green button to call. I place the phone to my ear, the ringing noise making me anxious.

"Hey Toby!" A girl proudly shouts.

My frown turned into a massive smile just hearing her voice.

"No..no, it's not Toby." I laugh. "It's Joe."

"Jojo? Bro?" Her cheerful voice sounds quieter and more sadder than before.

"Yes. Jojo." I smile.

"Oh my god! Hi!" She laughs.

"Hey Amycakes! How have you been?"

"Good! I'm just is proud you rang!" I can hear her sob. But sobbing as if she's happy.

"No need to cry." I smirk.

"I'm just so..happy."

"I know..I know. I'm just hoping we can..meet."

"I'd love to!" She shouts in happiness.

"Great. Where do you live, Amycakes?"

"I um.."

"Don't be so surprised, Amy. I'm only your brother." I chuckle.

"Ok. How's this? We'll meet at a café, depending where in the world you live now." I laugh more. I had never laughed and been so happy since I left.

"I live in the same area as you. Lets meet up at McDonald's, 4:00pm, tomorrow."

"No where public, babe. Meet at that woods place, where we always used to hang out. At 4pm, tomorrow." I arrange. "And don't ask why. I'll tell you then."

"Ok. Bye then!" She speaks.

"Ok. Love you." I pull a huge smile.

"Love you too!" She says, ending the call.

I laugh and hand Toby the phone.

"What?" He asked, looking at me.

"We arranged to meet up tomorrow." I smile.

____

Daisy's POV

"Get to sleep!" I shout at James, throwing a cuisine at him.

"Haha, in a minute!" He carries on singing nursery Rhymes.

"James." I mumble. "I want to sleep." I get out of my bed, picking up the cuisine.

"Get off my leg." I was starting to lose my patience with James now.

"Only if you say, James is the best person in the world!" He puts more strength into holding me in one spot.

"Don't flatter yourself." I sternly say, pulling away from his hold and climbing onto my bed.

"I'll be quiet now." He whispers.

Peace. Silence. I loved it.

"Ok. Night." I say.

"Goodnight." He turns off the lamp.

I close my eyes, James, Kayleigh, an escaped kidnapper on the run. It all circled my head. It actually frightened me.

__________________

Joseph's POV

"I better go, mate." I stand up, collecting the empty cans.

"Ok. Thanks for visiting. I'll see you soon." He gives me his phone number.

"Anytime." I give him another manly hug and walk out the house.

It was strange. The past was catching up with me. I was grateful to see Toby and to speak to Amy. I couldn't wait for Amy to help me get Kayleigh. Kayleigh was next. She was my next victim. I won't treat her like Daisy though, Daisy's much better and I have other plans for Daisy. I just need Kayleigh and I know Amy is the only person who can actually help.

___________________________________________________________________

Hey!

Bye!

Ohhhhhhhhh, the following chapters will probably be longer. I just feel like I should write more in chapters.

~Eireann!