Kayleigh's Lie.

I completely ignored Kayleigh in class. I was pretty sure she was talking about me. I opened up my exercise book and wrote down the date.

"I told you I didn't trust her." James whispered.

"Yeah. But she has been lying to me for over 5 years. Of course I would trust her. I just don't get why she is doing this." I complain, taking second looks at Kayleigh who was texting someone on her phone.

She was driving me crazy. She could be talking to her dad about me!

I raised my hand, keeping my eyes on her actions.

"Yes, Daisy?" The teacher shouts from the other side of the room.

I have second thoughts. Everyone would call me a snitch anyway.

"Erm..nothing." I say, looking down at my book.

"We need to tell the police, Daisy. Right now, the kidnappers daughter is Kayleigh and it sounded like he was on the run.."

"But she's my best friend James.."

"No, she wasn't and isn't your best friend! Didn't you hear her on the phone!"

"Anyway, I have to sit next to her. We are meant to be a couple. Well, I'm pretending anyway. Don't worry, Daisy. We will sort this out." He doesn't pull a smile and walks over towards Kayleigh.

"Hey." She giggles, pulling out the chair next to her for James to sit on.

Jealousy and anger built up in me. I rolled my eyes and ignored them both.

...

"So you're telling me Kayleigh told you something that had something to do with Joe?" I say, folding my clothes up and packing them into a suitcase.

"Um yeah. She said her father was Joe and it was Kayleigh's plan for him to kidnap you.." He passes me the clothes.

"How does that work out then? She was physically abused too!" I collect my shoes.

"She said she didn't know he was going to hurt her too. Probably trying to make it look real.." He packs his stuff too. Grabbing his t-shirts and trousers and folding them up neatly.

"Still doesn't explain a lot of things, James." I sigh, walking to the bathroom and picking up my sponge, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush and mouthwash.

"Anyway, where exactly are we going?" James asks, grabbing his stuff too.

"Somewhere where I can get away from here and somewhere, where I won't get brutally murdered." I calmly speak.

"But where!" He shouts, more demanding this time.

"Look. I know somewhere we can go. I just need you to get my passport from downstairs. Then we will go to yours, get your passport and we will take it from there." I sigh.

"Are you being ridiculous! We don't have the money to go abroad!" He storms downstairs.

He should really think before he speaks. I unlock my safe, taking out money I had saved since I turned 4. I start to count the notes.

'£4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000'

I had that amount of money due to how much I would work. Since I was 4, I offered to do chores for the exchange of money. I guess I was intelligent at 4 years. I'd clean the stairs banister, the stairs itself, mop the floors, clean the bathroom, do the dishes. I'd do that every day and get paid £20 a day. I managed to reach up to 1000 pounds and I had to carry on. But one day, I gave up. I stopped at £8000 and have saved that money ever since. When my mum and dad gave me up, they left me an amount of money in the bank. £50,000. They were extremely rich.