Chapter 35: Behind the Mask

Paty's P.O.V.

I hugged Jay, and feel a few tear that fell on my gi. I had to make a huge effort to held back my tears. I began whisper him the sweetest thing that came to my mind. I felt tons of arms around me, all of my was hugging me. Justin too. As always, Nya was apart from the hug. Eh, I'd do the same for you douchebag.

My time to live this world was right in front of me.

— Don't go...—Erika said.

— Stay—Zai added.

— There has to be a better way—Mirayo said.

— One that doesn't involve loosing you—Potato said.

— Girls... b-be s-strong okay?—I said.

I can barely talk, and my eyes hurt, from trying to not cry. I have to be strong. One last time. For them...

— Don't do this to me again—Jay sobbed.

Too much for the tough attitude.

— H-Hey... I-I'll be fine. I-I-I- w-will be okay —I said as the first tears escaped.

— The process is fast and painless, within 5 seconds, she will die, she'll be at peace —the Ancient Master said, a bit softly.

— Don't do it —Zane whispered in my ear.

— I have to...

— Please —Cole muttered.

I cleaned my tears and smiled weakly, yet the tears weren't going to stop any time soon.

— Jeez guys, I was trying to look tough —I tried to add a laugh when I cleaned my tears, but it just came out a weird sound.

They gave me a sad look with teary eyes, and I broke. I mean I completely gave up to tears.

— I will miss you so much. Each one of you —I cried.

— It's time —the Ancient Master said with that soft tone again.

Why the hell is he talking like that? He is never this patient or 'sweet'. But considering that he's going to murder me in a few minutes...

— Get in the middle of the room —he ordered.

I walked into the circle of cushions. Aligned perfectly in the circle of cushions there is a symbol a white moon. Right in front of the cushions a magic barrier raised to surround me, and prevent that the guys interrupted the process. Like a magic crystal wall. I saw them placing their hands on the crystal from the other said. The Ancient Master gave me a 'Ready?' look, I nodded.

A weird pale white light surrounded me, and I began to count my last seconds.

1.

This is it. The guys looked away.

2.

It was a good life. I didn't want to see anyways.

3.

I'll see my family again. My body tensed up.

4.

But I'll really miss the guys. I closed my eyes.

5.