Chapter 30: Stay Away

Jay's P.O.V.
She is kissing back, that means she likes me back, right? Or is it that the moment too strong? But why did she woke up in my arms? What did I do in my sleep?!

I was already running out of air, but I wanted to enjoy the moment the most I could. When I sadly had to pull back I was panting slowly trying to catch my breath. I stared at the girl in front of me, she was a bright pink and frowning, her hair was still a mess from waking up. She was... Beautiful.

—  Why did you do that...? —she asked, a slight hint of anger on her voice.

— I wanted to —I had no more accurate explanation.

— I told you a million times that I'm dangerous —she said coldly— we can't be together.

— But tell me why?

— I'm dangerous!

— But why are you dangerous?!

— What's going on? —Potato asked.

— STAY OUT OF THIS! —Paty yelled— ALL OF YOU! LEAVE ME ALONE!

We all stared at her in shock. She'd have been mean to one of us, and much less to Potato. Paty always saw Erika and her as little sisters. So it was surprising to everyone. This got me nuts, rage invaded me. If she is up to yelling to Potato, her secret must be important.

— TELL ME WHAT MAKES YOU DANGEROUS!!!

— I'M NOT HUMAN!!

— C'mon, I know you. Being a ghost, witch, magic or whatever never bothered you... What it it? —Cole asked, crossing his arms across his chest.

— IT'S THE FRAGMENT OF THE OVERLORD IN MY FUCKING SOUL OKAY!! —Paty yelled, she covered her mouth, she stared at us in horror.

So THAT was her secret. I feel so sorry, for making her telling us, for having the Overlord attached to her soul. She turned around hugging herself.

— Paty... I... —I tried to get close. Walking towards her slowly.

— Are you happy now? You know now, the Overlord is stuck in my soul. That was it —She said— You think that I'm a monster. You all do.

I stopped at the those 3 words. "I'm a monster".

— No, no I don't. You're still you.

— Yes you do. The guys behind us, are hugging the girls, who are shivering, actually they all are —Paty said coldly— And you're doubting your every step, like a kid trying to get close to a lion.

I turned around, she was right. The girls were snuggling on their boyfriend's chest. My brothers hugging their girlfriends, and all shivering. Mirayo was unable to move, just, stare to the floor blankly, like she regretted something, the only clue to know she was alive, was that she was also shivering. Actually I was shivering too. And I was walking to Paty, like if I was going to hunt a monster that could kill me in a second.

— I just don't know what to do. I've never seen someone like you, with 2 souls, and one of them has the lust for blood and destruction...

— Well... thanks... But now that you know... It's probably for the best of I leave.

She rushed out of the room, I ran behind her, but when we ran to the Bounty's deck. She jumped, I followed her. I create my power dragon, and chase the little winged girl in the night sky. I heard loud roar.  My friends were following me on their dragons, everyone, Ronin ad Mirayo were following us in R.E.X.