Chapter 45: Soul Exploration

Jay's P.O.V.

Someone was following us, or something. I felt the lightning getting strength in my fists. But I didn't want to shoot. If it was the Overlord, cool, I hurt him. But if it was part of Paty's soul, she could get hurt, or change her way to be. And I love her the way she is (why finding a guy like Jay in real life is so hard?! ;-;).

— Show yourself!—Lloyd said, trying to sound brave.

The sobs were getting louder.

— SHOW YOURSELF!—Lloyd repeated.

— ...we're not trying to hurt you—I said.

From the sound was coming right to face us. But the source of it appeared behind us. It was Paty. Or something like that.

— I'm sorry—she sobbed— I didn't mean to scare you.

It was like watching a shorter version of Paty but through an old movie. She didn't have any color. She was literally grey. Her skin, eyes, wings, hair, and gi. She had no color, it was kinda hard to see her in a maze of the same shade.

— Paty?—Steph asked.

The girl shook her head.

— I'm not her, I'm a physical represantation of a part of her personality—the girl said— I'm her insecurities, fear, and pain.

— That's why you were crying?—Mirayo asked.

— I'm always crying, I always feel terrible —the girl said.

— That's... horrible —Cole said.

— It's not so bad, I'm also her sense of responsability, besides, since I make her know how to... 

— A part of her personality? That means there are more of you?—Kai interrupted her.

— Mm? Oh yes. Three more.

Before this sad Paty could say something else, a laughing yellow Spinjitzu tornado tackled me. And pressed their lips on against mine. This was probably one of the most passionate kisses I've ever had. When I opened my eyes, I saw another Paty. An opposite version of the one we saw before.

She had a yellow gi (not golden, YELLOW), a bright blonde hair. Paty's usual tanned skin. A pair of bright yellow eyes and on her cheeks two hearts, one pink and one blue and her wings were a light yet bright ye. And she had a bright smile.

— OH MY GOSH! IT'S YOU! HERE! AMAZING!

— I suppose she's Paty's joy and excitement —Erika asked the other Paty.

— You're right... Everyone likes her more than me...—the sad Paty.

I stood up.

— Not me—I said.

— You just ate the yellow one's face—Kai said.

— Both are a part of Paty, I can't love one more...—I said.

— JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHY ARE YOU SO PERFECT GODDAMIT!—the yellow one squealed. (I need a boyfriend D:)

— ...I'm afraid to ask for the other two—Zai said.

— Oh, I can take you with them—the yellow one.

— Sure... um... how should we call you? —Lloyd asked.

— However you guys want to—the grey one said, and the yellow one nodded.

— Emo and hippie —Kai joked.

— Sure...—the yellow one said, clearly uncomfortable.

— How about... Melancholy you may be sad, but melancholy sound like melody, and you're the music in my heart (I need a bf ._.) —I said to the grey one, who blushed weakly, even her blush was grey.