Chapter 12: Masterplan

Kai's P.O.V.
Jay keeps being cold with Paty. She is like a puppy trying to unsuccessfully call his attention. That wouldn't stop her attempts. I really missed her persistence.

Sometimes, she uses her wings to hug cover Jay's body and get at least a glare or a word. He simply looks away and move her wings. Or she covers his eyes saying "guess who?", he just get her hands off and keeps doing what he was at. She may try to look for his eyes, but he rolls his eyes and looks away. She keeps calling him, but he never replies, he ignores her completely.

I'm sensing a pattern here. First he ignored Dany because she reminded him of Paty, now he ignores the real Paty. Now we need to know why. The guys and I already have a plan, but we're going need help of a certain group of elemental masters.

— Baby, could at least tell my are you angry? —Paty asked on day, finally tired.

— Don't talk to me! Don't call me baby! I don't want anything from you!

— But weren't you engaged?—P.I.X.A.L. asked.

— Not anymore—Jay said.

Paty let out a little gasp. And a death glared appeared on her face, none of us saw her that angry before, it was even scarier to see her rushing out of the temple, pull her hair and in a single blow, she made a 3m rock a bunch dust.

Jay's new temper has been getting in the way of the misions, and that's a lot if I'M saying it. Not even I was as short-tempered as he is now. He almost got shot in the last mision...

Flashback

We were going to stop a big gang that was kidnapping people, we investigated them for a few days, and P.I.X.A.L. sent us to see in an abandoned school, I think that it was abandoned for some demons posession rumors or something...

Anyways, where was I? Oh right, P.I.X.A.L. sent us to this abandoned school, Lloyd and Paty decided that Jay and I were going for Paty for the civils, as the rest of them search for them.

— And why am I supposed to go with HER?—Jay asked.

— Because they need you to shut down the security cameras before without activating an alarm—Erika shrugged.

— She have every elemental power on her, why should I go?—Jay asked.

— BECAUSE I managed to don't explode in a power overload, but I still don't control any of your power—Paty snapped.

— And Kai will burn the ropes—Lloyd added— So for the inocent's sake go with them.

— Fine—Jay said.

As we expected we found the security room alone, and Jay shut down the system. Then we went to find the civils. I burned the ropes tying them up, as Paty and Jay untied others. Doing so, their fingertips, touched accidentally.

— DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME!—Jay yelled.

— Quiet Jay! Yell at me as soon as we're out—Paty ordered.

— DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!—Jay yelled louder.

— Jay, seriously—I said.

— SHUT UP AIR-HEAD!—Jay snapped.

— Jay quiet! I heard someone coming—Paty said, getting worried.

— YOU GET QUIET!—Jay shouted.

A man slammed the door, and he pointed with his gun to both Paty and Jay, I was in a position where the door hide me so I was safe. He was blonde, big nose, and gray eyes, big deal in this whole mess.