Chapter 17: The Kumiko Name

It was cold in the crystal caverns of my head

            It was cold in the crystal caverns of my head. I could feel my Chakra drain away as the seconds ticked by. It took a lot of Chakra to stay in this place. For this reason, I had to have aid from my summoning animal, who had the most Chakra of all other summoning animals. The nine tails weren't the shape of a fox for no reason.

            My connection with foxes was probably the reason for Naruto's connection with me. It was probably the only reason he considered me a friend. 

            The caverns and walls of crystal shook suddenly, and this broke me from my thoughts. A sudden frown appeared and disappeared from my face as I took two steps forward on the icy ground that slowly cracked, as it turned black with every step I took.

            Before I knew it the entire floor behind me was a solid black. Small and light steps cascaded across the ground, and this made the ice turn white before stopping where it was black.

            "It must be rather important for you to use your power to come here," whispered the other version of me. She seemed to be wearing a white and tiny dress that rivaled my red one that had appeared out of nowhere.

            "I would like to make a request," I suddenly spoke as I blinked my eyes. I looked down at the white ice that tried to push past the black one that I had. This was our Chakras. They were always rivaling each other but never combining.

            She smiled bitterly and nodded. "Of course you do."

            "I would like for your emotions to stay separate from my own," I ordered as I crossed my arms.

            "Whatever do you mean?" She asked, that air of innocence that I knew wasn't real. She wasn't sweet, neither was she good, despite what our father said. I was cruel, sure, but at least I could admit that. 

            "You're taking me for a fool," I retorted and she frowned. "Quite a desperate trick you have pulled. I'm impressed. But the game is over. You can only keep it for so long. Give up before you hurt yourself, darling."

            "But how can you know for sure that those emotions you were feeling weren't your own. I can't take away your emotions, and you know that," she said in a frustrated tone, bits of that familiar helplessness overtaking her face. I understood that well, but I hated that we could share in that. 

            "Who do you take me for? Some love-sick teenager? It shouldn't be this intense. I know the difference." I looked down at the Chakra and bent down next to it. I reached out my finger and placed it on the ground. It slowly sunk and began to turn black. All of the white turned black and the girl across from me fell down to the ground. "I control this place this time. I don't want your disgusting Chakra anywhere near me."

            She gasped as she scratched at her throat, trying to get air back to her lungs as all her energy was drained. I kneeled down next to her and placed my hand on her shoulder.