Chapter 10: The Five Kages

I frowned kicking the rock from my path with an annoyed grunt. Once again I almost tripped. I gave a frustrated groan. My hair got in my face making it hard to look ahead of me. I could feel my annoyance level rise.

I took a calming breath that didn't really do shit for quelling the rise of irritation that had begun to nest in my head. The wind had succeeded in creating a tornado of hair around me, despite my attempts to quell it. Every time I tried to fix it, another mess would grow. I felt a solid cry fall from my lips as I felt water splash upon me. I wasn't even that far from Sasuke and team Taka. I knew I was close. News of Killer Bee had spread through the village faster than I thought it would and this was the only direction Sasuke could go.

Frowning I kept walking, mud slapping against my legs as the rain made puddles. If I could cry I would have done so now. I held out my umbrella, trying to keep the wind from taking it away. A relieved smile came to my lips as I came to a cave entrance. There were a lot around here. I quickly walked to shelter. The cave went pretty deep in, but I knew better than to go any further than this. Caves were dangerous and crawled with disgusting insects and animals. Poisonous at that. I may not be able to die but I can definitely feel pain that I am unable to block out. Also, poison seems to effect me more and longer than most things.

I quickly grabbed my hair and rung out the water as darkness settled into the cave. Not a single bit of light. I didn't need sunlight or lamps though, besides, light attracts insects and scares bats that might attack me. I for one, hated bats. I looked through my weapons bag for a comb and started to brush out my hair, before taking out one of my water bottles and poring it over my bare legs, getting off the mud.

My ears perked up at a small shake in the cave as lightening hit a little of distance from the cave. Before I could even move I felt a bunch of spikes from the cave ceiling impale me. Impaling had never been my favorite past time activity...

There were stalactites in the ceiling and a big stalagmite went through my chest, blood splattering over the floor. I coughed painfully. I had been stupid. I should have known these were here.

I shakily moved my hand up, it carefully gripped the stalactite. I felt the small pieces inside my skin. I could feel the tattoos rise upon my face, trying to heal my wound but the skin wouldn't close and get past the gap in my chest. With a groan I took the spike out before doing the same with the others. Those spikes weren't the real cause of the worst pain, no, it was the stalagmite in my back that had penetrated past my upper back and through the other side. I could see blood everywhere all over me.

With whatever strength I had left, I tried to lift myself off the spike in the ground, but had no luck. All that managed was making my back hurt even more. The sooner I get myself out of this, the sooner the wound will close up.

I looked over at the sound of a chuckle. It made a mix of a groan and a scowl escape from my parted lips. I looked over at the cave entrance ready to flip the source of the chuckle off. I stopped with a slight sweat drop.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Zetsu, and he chuckled again. "I've appeared to have impaled myself...he...hehe...ow...it hurts to laugh."

"Madara-sama ordered me to come see you," his white side answered before his black side spoke up. "It looks like you shish kabobed yourself."

"Ha ha you're so funny," I sarcastically laughed before coughing from pain. "Get me up before I turn you and your venus fly trap mother into my own personal salad...Dieting you know" I coughed up more blood. "Always...a bitch....who knows...maybe I'll find your relatives...make a Christmas tree...then set it on fire. Could be fun."

"Why go through the trouble of turning us into a Christmas tree if you are just going to set us on fire.... Besides, that's not a good way to get me to help you," his black side commented with the smallest smirk. A smile came onto my face.