Chapter 18: Agony

I'd say that his words didn't affect me, but that'd have been a lie

      I'd say that his words didn't affect me, but that'd have been a lie. What hasn't been a lie from my lips lately? I've been lying so much that it was starting to make me second-guess myself. It was actually rather annoying.

      "You're all talk. Have I ever told you that?" Natsu said with a small smile at my surprised form. The sad look disappeared from my face. He'd only make fun of me if he saw he got to me.

      I was getting quite tired of these new, heightened senses of emotion. Exhausted even.

      "Well, you're all dead. Have I ever told you that?" I snapped back before groaning in my head at how childish I sounded. "Please, try harder," I stated, standing up from my previous position, crouched on the floor. "I think we need a bit more panic and chaos here. Try a little harder, Natsu, I'm nearly getting bored."

      It seems he thought so too at the dry chuckle that shook his body.

        "Sana, believe or not. I actually didn't come here to fight you," Natsu commented and this made his daughter frown.

      "You stabbed me 14 times," I replied, as casually as if I were talking about tea.

      "I got in caught in the moment," he said simply. "I apologize."

       "I killed you, and you say you have the full Saisei. How is that possible if I killed you?" I finally asked and Natsu smiled smugly.

      "That's for me to know and for you to wonder," he replied. "Of course, I could draw you an intricate diagram explaining the interesting way you suck at understanding anything about your family, but you probably won't understand that either."

         "Stupidity jokes, that's beneath you," I said with a grimace. "But at least I know I had to of gotten my sense of humor from somewhere."

       "Your mother was never much for laughs," Natsu said simply. He would say that thinking of the late Naori Kumiko was painful, but he's had a very long time to get over it. A very very long time.

       "Why are you here if it's not for revenge?" I asked, and he made a small smile.

       "How petty do you think I am to hold onto a grudge," he replied. "What I do want to know is why I was brought back to life at all?"

      "A sadistic Orochimaru wannabe wants to take over the world," I replied, taking a step back as my father took one forward. "The usual bit, don't you think? Always a new face with the same tricks." I took another step back.

       "Are you scared of me Sana?" He asked in an amused tone, successfully changing the topic.

       "I just don't like you," I replied.

       "That's no problem for me. I never liked you much either," he replied as if it was nothing. I frowned at him, but it wasn't like I was expecting much of a father/daughter bonding. Well... I was a little, but that's beside the point. "Don't tell me you were hoping to hear an 'I love you because you're my daughter' speech?"