Chapter 27: Bond

Sana

            I felt my eyes drop in exhaustion as I wirily felt the tree for a single support system. I had been walking endlessly in the vast forest for what felt like weeks. I hadn't seen a single sign of life for so long that I began to question if everyone was wiped out from this war I had been hearing so much about.

            I was so tired.

            My anger at Sena had disappeared. I've never been able to stay angry, let alone angry at her.

            It was so hard for me to hate anyone. Regardless of what they did to me.

            I suppose, Sena, hates enough for the both of us.

            I sighed as I crumpled to the floor, my legs beneath me felt useless. My legs were weak. I couldn't even feel enough to say they were sore. And when was the last time I've eaten anything?

            I don't even feel hungry. Do I even need food? I know nothing about this Kekkei Genkai that had been forced upon me. Do I ever need to go to the bathroom? I haven't had to go. I suppose if I don't need sustenance, then why would I need to.

            Now that I think about it, I've never seen Sena do anything that had to do with eating or drinking... Except alcohol. Does she not need it? Do I? Does she need it now? The only thing I know about the Saisei is that it doesn't allow females of the curse to give birth. It treats a baby in the womb as a disease and heals the body of the infliction.

            A long time ago, Sena had a chance of being a mother, but six weeks into the pregnancy something went wrong. Blood oozed from her body as the purple tattoo like veins covered it, destroying the life inside her and turning it into blood.

            I cut off from the thought as I leaned my head back up against a giant stone. I could hardly breathe anymore. I wish my Kekkei Genkai healed exhaustion.

            I felt a tiny stone hit me up side the head, causing my eyes to snap open wide. It was blurry at first and it took me a moment to focus on the black shoes in front of me. My eyes trailed up the light black pants to the light grey shirt with a zipper in front that covered up to his neck. I would recognize his black hair anywhere.

            "Get up," he ordered and I narrowed my eyes at his cold tone. I hadn't seen him in so long and our parting wasn't exactly pleasant, but now he thinks he could talk to me like a slave without even a single hello at the least.

            "Sasuke-san," I muttered out annoyed in greeting, but I didn't bother getting up. In fact, I doubted my strength that I even could. "What do you want?"

            "I expected you to be with the masked idiot by now," Sasuke replied monotonously, completely ignoring my last question. I noticed a scroll in attached to his hip that wasn't there before, but I didn't question it.