Chapter 19: New Perspective

New feelings and new emotions coursed through my veins

       New feelings and new emotions coursed through my veins. I felt pain. So much pain. My breathing fell into rigid gasps as tears fell from my eyes. If I open up my eyes would my vision fade to black? What does everything even look like? Is the sky still the same color? I've forgotten how to see or even if I can see. Does it come naturally or do I have to actively do something?

       This felt nothing like the world in Sena's head. This felt nothing like all the times I had walked and breathed outside before.

        Thinking about her made a sudden lonely feeling strip me down to my core. I had never felt such agonizing loneliness before. If I had once, a long time ago, then I didn't know how to deal with it now.

       I've grown so used to Sena's pounding and relentless smug thoughts filling my own head that I never thought that I had grown so dependent on them.

        More tears slipped from my eyes.

       It hurt so much, this human feeling. It was ripping me apart and my body burned with an emotion I didn't recognize. Even the 14 years I spent not even knowing who 'Sena' was...I never felt alone like this. I always felt as if I had someone, however unwilling she was, she was always there. Watching over me. Protecting me, despite the full force of always feeling like she was on her own and always saying she hated me. No matter how cruel she was, she never abandoned me. She protected me, always and I thought she would forever.

              Maybe she was right...maybe I couldn't handle being on my own. Someone like her...how could she survive this feeling? I felt like I was lonely enough for two.

         It hurt. I wanted the tears to stop. The pain. It hurt.

       There was nothing but pain and agony that tore through my body until I was paralyzed by it.

       "Shh," said a male voice that filled my ears. "You're okay."

       His voice built a sudden hatred inside me that I couldn't block out. Never before have I harbored such hatred. I tried to break from it, but it was inevitable. This hatred was so strong that I felt my heart sting in agony. I gripped my hair, my fingers scratching into my scalp as I attempted to control the pulsating anger.

       "Ah, so it's taking effect," Natsu whispered as my hands wrapped around his throat. His eyes glowed black as my Chakra surged through his. He closed his eyes as if he accepted his fate.

        His skin began to wrinkle as if he were getting older in seconds.

        "I pity you Sana, but it has to be this way...it's your best chance...to be free..." he whispered as he began to get older. I let go of him and moved away as if he were poison. Slowly it took effect. By now he looked around fifty. Sixty. "Your...com-" His breath cut off as his age hit higher.

        "Wait!" I exclaimed as I crawled next to him. "Don't die! Say what you were going to say and then die!" I screamed, but his skin began to crumble into the dirt and all that was left was his skeleton and slowly that faded into nothing but dirt.