Chapter 31 : Time Doesn't Forget

Chapter Thirty-One

Time

 Sena

      "Aren't you getting tired of being here?" Madara asked and my eyes glanced up at him, my fingers still gripping around the book while my legs stayed propped up against the pillar where my body rested. He glanced up towards me and I raised a single brow at his slightly ambiguous question but for the most part, knew what he meant.

      "How can I?" I replied, my lips curling into a smirk. "I have you to keep me company." I turned a page in the book, my fingers flicking against the paper as my eyes pretended to read. How he hated when I didn't answer his actual question, and even more when I didn't look into his eyes.

      I was proved right when the pillar I rested suddenly came tumbling down, crashing to the ground. I quickly jumped off, landing on my feet like that of a cat, my eyes never leaving the book which held words I didn't read.

      "Temper doesn't suit you, Madara." I stated simply, and he knocking the book out of my hands while I watched it bounce against the ground.

      "Izuna is dead." He said, and I glanced in his direction, my eyes blinking in return. I was finally able to see the rage mixed in with another emotion I couldn't decipher in his face.

      "Oh." I said in return, the surprise rendering me near speechless. I had figured one of the boys would die, but for it to happen so soon left me without words.

      His fingers suddenly gripped against the fabric of my shirt, bringing me closer to his frame whilst taking the breath from my lungs. For the most part, my expression didn't change.

      "Where were you?" He snapped, and I looked him straight in the eyes, which were unchangeable and steadily looking back at me.

      "Busy." I replied simply, and his grip got tighter.

      "Busy? You could have saved him. You are a healer."

      "This temper of yours is not attractive, Madara Uchiha." I eyed his hand that gripped onto the material of my clothes. I silently decided then and there that baggy clothes are not my friend. Before long, I slowly met his gaze that was glaring through me without hesitation.

      Hiding the fact that Izuna's personality had deteriorated over the years, and his ambition of the Uchiha clan had grown over the edge...well, his death wasn't too surprising. The ambitious ones are always in the greatest danger and Izuna wasn't strong enough against that danger. That wasn't any surprise to me.

      Madara scoffed, letting me go before pressing his back against the wall next to me. Slowly, he slid down, his head slowly resting in his arms. I blinked and watched him for a moment; unsure of exactly how to approach the situation he had forced me in. Just like Madara to do such a thing.

      I slowly sunk down to my knees, and it felt as if I were finally noticing things that were off about his appearance. His usually perfect hair was slightly disheveled, as if he had been pulling with every ounce of stress that forced his hand. And now I distinctly remembered the bags, hanging under his eyes. His attire was still in full battle gear, despite the peaceful aura and the lowered sun.