Fill me in now

After last night I'm starving and still a little tired. I look like a monster! I get really bad morning hair. It takes me 20 minutes just to brush it! When I'm done I get into the shower.

After 10 minutes of relaxation, I'm just about to head down stairs for breakfast when Kate texts me.

Kate: Meet us at the beach.

Me: Who's 'us'?

Kate: Chase, Ryder and me, of course.

Me: On one condition.

Kate: Yeah?

Me: You and Ryder don't spend the whole time making out.

Kate: Fine.

I put two slices of bread in the toaster and run up stairs to put on my one piece bathing suit, because I hate two piece, and chuck on some shorts and a t-shirt over the top. Then I'm finally on my way with my beach bag slung over my shoulder and Nutella toast in my hand.

Kate: Where are you? Hurry up! We need to talk!

Me: I'm walking down the stairs that leads to the beach. What do we need to talk about?

Kate: Important stuff 😉

Okay, now I'm worried. I decide to run so I can get there faster. When I get there, Kate's sun-baking, so I sit my towel down next to hers.

"Finally, your here. I'll get the boys," she runs off, going to get the boys. While I wait I decide to do my sunscreen. I finish right as they come up. Chase gives me a look asking me what we're doing, but I just shrug, because, honestly, I really don't know either.

Ryder talks first.

"Okay, you two," glancing at Chase then me with a smirk.

"What happened last night? You left us," Crap! My heart beat starts racing and I look down so no one can see me blush. Some how Chase seems to stay calm when he replies.

"Well, we lost our appetite watching you guys so we went and hung out," Their smiles dropped.

"What? That's it? You didn't hook up or anything?"

My turn to speak; "No! Now, since we are at the beach, I'm going to get into the water," I quickly slip my shorts and top off an run down to the water, leaving the others in standing there surprise, but they soon joined me.

"Did you enjoy last night?" A voice whispers into my ear. I whip around to see Chase smirking down at me.

"Huh. Still so jumpy. So, did you?"

"Uh, yeah, except we never ended up having dinner, so this morning I was starved,"

I frown as he duck dives under the water. Oh well, he's gone. I scream as something grabs my foot and pulls me under water. When it lets go I swim to the surface as quickly as possible to see Chase laughing like a idiot.

"You bitch I could've drowned! I'm a horrible swimmer!" and with that I splash him in the face and swim off. I have a very short temper, and God am I peeved with him. He scared the life out of me.

Chases POV

I stop laughing when I realize Ivy walked off. She must have a short temper.

I swim to shore then jog to where Ivy lay, playing some sort of game.

"Why did you walk off on me?" I try but she just turns away from me. Damn, she's ignoring me.

"Ivy? Talk to me, please?"

"No. I have nothing to say, "

"Then I'll start a conversation. Um . . . tell me about your family." But she just ignores me again.

"Please tell me," she stands up and walks away and I follow, her curious about her family.

"Leave me alone I don't want to talk about my family. Can you tell Kate that I'm leaving?"

Hmm . . . now I'm even more curious, but instead of digging deeper I'll try and persuade her to stay.

"Ivy, please don't leave me alone here,"

"You have Kate and Ryder,"

"If you leave their gonna start making out again," Now that I was actually worried about.

"How do you know that?"

"Because you're the only reason there're not."

"Why?"

"I read the message you sent to Kate to make a deal that you'd come if they wouldn't make out."

"Stalker." That's enough. I walk over and pick her up.

"Let go of me or I'll hurt you,"

Pff. . . she can't hurt me. I flip her over my shoulders and hold onto her feet so she's dangling over my back, but some how she manages to sit up pull her feet from my grip and jump off. When I finally catch her again we're on the other side of the beach.

"How can you run for so long?" I ask between exhausted breaths.

"Practice," she replied simply.

"You play sport?" She shakes her head in reply and starts running back to the other side of the beach where we had planted our belongings.

"Wait up please,"

"No. I have places to be,"

"What places? Can I come with you?"

"No, you can not come. It's private,"

"Really?" But this time she doesn't answer, she just keeps running.

"I'll tell on you," I threaten.

"How old are you, 5? Piss off, ya baby,"

"As long as I'm your baby I'm happy," That stops her.

"What?" she whispered, slowing down a little.

I smirk "Haha, you actually believed me?"

"F off"

"Ooh swearing are we? I bet you can do better,"

"I know I can,"

"Prove it,"

"No, there're kids around,"

"So what? There just 4 year olds, they won't remember. Nobody remembers their 4 year life," It's true. I've never met anyone who remembers their 4 year old life, and I know a lot of people. But she just speeds up and I swear I see a single tear slide down her cheek.