Chapter 16- Back to school

I felt eyes stare dead at me as I walked inside. Whispers jumbled all through out my ears, as more and more crowds surrounded the halls I passed through. I could tell they were talking about me, I could just feel it. From the back of my head, I sensed the presense of others. It's a school obvousily but this just seemed to be following me. I wanted to panic, but I know that wouldn't look right. Especially since I probably look like an outcast compared to everyone else.

I made my way straight to my locker. There wasn't really anyone I had to talk to right now. Everyone either talked about me or pretended I didn't exsist. Easy as that. I turned the lock, 24 31 7. Everything seemed the same as I left it. No new notes or death threats, for now. I grabbed everything I needed for my first three classes. Today was a gym day so that meant  I would have to run. I bundled everything to my purse, shoving pencils, pens, earsers, absolutely everything. Just as I shut my locker, two girls walk up to me. A bitch blonde, and a two faced brunnette. They wore cropped shirts and ripped denium jeans, they were quite gorgeous I must say but they seemed to have bad personality from the smirk on their face.

"Hey Samantha. How does it feel?"  They stood a good ten feet away from me with their fingers pinching the tip of their nose. They looked at me with a huge grin plastered on their face.

"What? What do you mean… "  I felt anxiety rush up and down my body. People always made me so nerious. I am not used to people talking to me. I grabbed hold of my purse strap but as I did they stepped back.

"Oh you know… the aids, the sex. How does it feel to be contaminated…"  The blonde girl giggled as the brunette talked. I had no idea what they were talking about. Even if I did have aids I wouldnt tell people. A bubble of emotions clouded my mind as they stared at me laughing.

" Whaa-t?  I don't have a… aids. "

"Sure you don't. Its okay. We know you do. Byee slut! " They waved their hands at me and walked away as they whispered into each others ears sharing laughs.

My heart stung. I had felt much worse but it hurt a lot to hear them say that. I was left alone standing in the middle of the hallway with no words. I couldn't even think of reason why people would think that about me. But then again, I never know why people do things like that anyway. Some people don't even understand though… I know I'm not alone but here I am. I'm the only one who gets treated like dirt at this school. I get played around getting hurt every hour I am here. I am aid free but it isn't like that even if I did, how is that something to make fun of? It is a serious disease. I don't have anyone to comfort me right now. Harry would've hugged me until I stopped feeling the pain. He would have put a bandage on the cuts left. But he isn't here. I am alone left to bleed in pain.

I decide on going straight to my first period. Homeroom already ended anyway so I might as well go to first period.  I picked the closest seat to the teachers desk right in the front. I always feel safer there and I get a much better veiw of the assignments. A few minutes pass by as I prepare all my utilities needed for this class. Once i finish making everything perfect, the whole class is already inside with the teacher writing down the plans for today on the board.  Sometimes a stranger can help more than the people around us was written in big letters. The teacher, Mrs. Fidler, turned around greeting the whole class with a warm pearly smile. Her smile was white but not full of life like Harry's.

"Okay class. So you have most likely seen what is on the board. This is a quote from a famous writer who died years ago. It just means that sometimes it takes an outsider perspective on things to do the job. For example, if you look at something over and over again, your mind already has an idea of what that thing looks like. You may not even notice the slightest imperfection. But if an outsider comes to observe the project or what ever, they may already see a flaw right away. Them noticing that can help your grade or furture purposes all thanks to that stranger. So for this assignment I want you to come out of an example in your life that represents that quote. Afer that I will collect your paper after class. Now get to work you have the rest of  class to finish."