Struggle #38

The bright lights blind me. The long carpet scares me. The humidity makes my forehead slick with perspiration. The only thing keeping me sane right now, is Prodigy standing by my side. As soon as we stepped out the car, photographers rushed over to take pictures. Their flashes blind me momentarily, why is the flash on when it's broad daylight out anyway? We manuever along the carpet into the massive flow of celebrities gathered in the center of it all. A big circular stage is to the left where Sevyn Streeter is performing. A smaller stage is on the right side where Bow Wow and Angela are talking to Meek Mill. I gawk at everything and everyone I see.

My legs wobble slightly in my skinny heels, threatning to make me lose my balance and faceplant on the red carpet. My grip on Prod's arm tightens, he glances down at me. "You alright?" He asks, his brown eyes raking me over before locking our gaze. I can't help but smile a little as he checks me out. I nod my head yes to signal that I'm ok and he tosses me an adorable smirk. A girl yells Prod's name and he looks in that direction, waving at the fans making them scream and jump in excitement. I chuckle, realizing that the girl crying, probably would have been me a few months ago. Her face turns red as Prince walks over to the fans and poses for pictures with them, flashing his signature smile and throwing up the peace sign. His hair glistens under the hot sun, making it looks almost as glossy as Londons.

"Hold on a second," Prod tells me. I nod my head ok and he walks over to the sidelines to greet some fans. I stand with Joya, Yannie, Renee and London, watching as the girls go wild over MB. Some of them shout our names and we wave at them. My stomach flips excitedly, they recognize us. They know who we are. This is what it feels like to be Kacey Miller. Not the weirdo with neon braces that fangirls all the time. Not the freak who only has one friend that people claim is too good for her. Right now, I'm Kacey Miller, walking the red carpet.

While we wait, a camera is pointed in Joya's face and she backs up in surprise. "Whoa," She says, looking stunned.

"And this is my girl right here," Jacob Latimore appears and puts an arm around her waist as he talks to the camera person. "Say hi to the camera Joy."

Joya chuckles and hides her face, "Oh my God, you caught me off guard and everything." She complains, a cute smile spread across her face.

"Aww she's camera shy." Jacob says before planting a kiss right on her cheek. Fans from the crowd gasp and cheer as Joya beams hard, her whole face turning a slight red. I smile happily for Joya, this is going to be a great memory for her to leave with once the tour is over. Imagine getting kissed on the cheek by your crush on live tv. A slight tinge of envy rests inside of me as I watch Joya and Jacob act all adorable together. He takes Joya's hand and leads her away from us, mixing in with the crowd of celebrities. In the distance I can hear the OMG Girlz performing their song Baddie.

Walter walks over to MB and points to the tiny stage on the right, "Bow Wow and Angela want yall up there on the stage to talk." He tells them. They nod and we follow them over to the circular stage admist the pool of celebrities. While they exchange hugs with Bow and Angela, I'm busy looking around at all the famous faces. I see Miguel posing for a picture with his girlfriend, Bruno Mars talking to Swizz Beats and Wiz Khalifa waving at his fans. Jayla would die if she was here, Wiz Khalifa is her boothang for life. She would probably take pictures of him offguard and put them into a collage before setting them as her screen saver on her phone. Yeah, she's got a little fangirl in her too.

"And here we have our contest winners," Angela says, the camera pans over to us and I smile shyly. "Alright lemme see if I remember yall names." Angela looks at all of us for a moment before pointing at Renee. "You're London," She points at me, "You're Yannie," she points at London, "you're Joya." And she points at Yannie, "And you're Renee."