Struggle #23

My phone buzzed with a text as MB performs Girls Talkin Bout. I pull it out of my pocket and slide to unlock it, reading the message from Jayla. I grin as my eyes skim the long message on my phone, listing everything that London hates.

  Bananas, spiders, dubstep, mice, the color orange...the list is endless. I smirk and type a quick reply to Jayla, "How did you get all this info?"

  She texts back almost immediately, "Um, I'm dating her brother. Duh Kay Kay." I giggle and lock my phone, sliding it back into my pocket. I go and sit down on one of the couches opposite of the curtain. Alabama is so turnt up today, the cheering from the fans easily drowns out the chaos backstage. I jam my headphones into my ears to muffle the noise around me in order for me to think clearly.

  I have two weeks until the BET awards. Two weeks to prove to Prince that's London's a shallow witch. Two weeks to become victorious. If Prince is as gullible as Prod claims, then he'll be like putty in my hands and London will be one upset country.

  Off in the corner of the room, I catch Jacob sprawled across one of the other couches, his head resting in Joya's lap. They are so cute together I can't even deal. He invited her to the Drake concert on Saturday and she just about fainted right on the spot. Of course she accepted and later we're planning out her outfit for that day. It seems like everyone's summer crush is going well except mines. I'm busy chasing Prince while he chases London. Talk about unrequited love.

  Kenneth brings the four girls for tonight's performance of Missing You backstage. Wide smile stretch across their face as they fidget and look around with wide eyes, snapping pictures of everything. I'm not sure why though, the most that's back here is a lot of water bottles and wires. Everything seems to fascinate them, I laugh picturing myself in their shoes. I would probably be the one to pose for a picture with Kenneth.

  Four helpers lead the girls behind the stage and up the steps, each of them shaking from excitement and nerves. One girls is crying hard while another nearly bites her finger nails right off the flesh of her fingers. I practically expected them to fall backwards and pass out once they hit the stage, but they quickly acted cool when each MB came to get them.

  London appears out of no where and peers through the curtain with a scowl, her arms are crossed tightly over her chest. "I hope she trips on her way to the chair." She sneers, probably directing that towards Princeton's girl. She's short and curvy with black and blonde hair, cross leggings and a guns and roses shirt. Typical.

  Just to annoy her more, I stand next to London and watch. "I think she's really pretty, they all are but she's like extremely pretty. Prince probably loves that shirt she has on too."

  "Oh please, she's only wearing it for his attention. I bet she can't name one song." London huffs out, eyeing the girl evilly. I smirk to myself as Prince runs his fingers through the girls hair. London sucks her teeth loudly, I can practically feel the anger radiating off her body. Snickering, I walk back over to the couch and sit down, enjoying my few of London's ears nearly puffing out steam.

  This is gonna be fun.

  When the concert ends its only 6:30 pm, MB has a photo shoot to go to with Teen Vogue and we get to tag along. The Teen Vogue studio is gorgeous. Colorful walls, poster size magazine covers on the walls, pop music blasting from the speakers. It's every teenage girls dream world basically. And don't even get me started on the candy buffet. Me and the girls sit on a plush couch and watch everyone scrambles around to set up for the photo shoot. The boys are whisked away to the dressing rooms to put on their first outfit.

  "Can I like, live here forever?" Yannie asks, eyeing a rack of clothes hungrily. I can see why, everything on that one rack is better than everything else in my closet. I watch as all the equipment is set up for photoshoots. A white back drop, tons of studio lights and two fans are positioned side by side. So this is what is takes to make celebrities looks beautiful on the covers of glossy magazines. Seems like a lot of stress just for a couple pictures. Men and mostly woman run back and forth through the studio carrying props, clothes, cameras and clip boards. I should be used to the chaos due to hanging backstage during the concerts, but at least backstage doesnt have a bunch of junk everywhere. Someone could seriously break their neck in here with all the wires, boxes and tripods.

 As London babbles to the girls about some beauty pagent she entered and took tons of photo shoots, my eye land on the door of the dressing room that has just opened. The boys walk out looking hot in pop-meets-urban type of outfits. Ray has on these bright blue suspenders and is busy yanking up his pants to look like Urkel, making Roc crack up. I laugh as I hop off the couch and walk over to the boys as an assistant points them to their assigned vanities. I approach Prince and look at him through the mirror.

 "What do you think? Like the hat?" He asks, fiddling with the blue and yellow snapback positioned on his head.

 "Well you're squishing your curls but I think you look cute." I reply, not even feeling nervous about giving him a compliment. He frowns and take off the hat, fluffing his hair. I roll my eyes...I don't get a thank you? Whatever. I walk in front of his hair and look him square in the eye. "I wanna help you Prince?"

 His eyebrows raise, "Really? Could you fix the tag in my shirt, it's annoying the hell out of me." He replies, scratching at his back.

 "Um, that's not what I'm talking about." I say, going behind him again to help fix the annoying tag in his shirt. "I want to help you win over London." Prince whips around quickly, his eyes asking me if I'm serious. I nod and cross my arms. "Well I have been going to school with her since 6th grade, I know what she likes and what she doesnt. Have you asked her to the BET awards yet?"

 "Nah, I'm waiting for the right time." He says, glancing over my shoulder at her. I position myself that I'm blocking his view, making sure my eyes are soft and I'm still wearing a warm smile. "Well you should wait a little longer. You have to win her over first before dropping the bomb like that."

 Prince scratches his head, "I may be a teen heart throb but I'm not a casanova Kacey. When I like a girl I struggle to show her." He says, a faint blush creeping on to his face.

 "Really? Cuz you sure don't seem to be struggling when you're around her." Is what I want to say. Instead I give him a pity face, "Don't worry about Princey, I can be your London expert. I'll talk to her for you and see what kinda things interest her. But you cant tell her, girls thinks its a turn off if you have to use their friends for information. That makes you look weak."

 "Sounds good to me. What do you want in return?" He asks.

 An assistant scampers over to us. "Come on Princeton, it's time for the shoot."

 He holds up his pointer finger to hault her and looks back at me. I wave my hand like its a crazy idea, "You don't have to repay me. I'm doing this because you're my friend and I want you to be happy."

 "Wow...you know its hard to find real friends when you're famous. Thanks Kacey," He says, grinning from ear to ear. I shrug in a 'dont mention it' type of way. He begins to walk away with the asssiant who is nearly tugging his arm off, before looking at me over his shoulder. "You might just be my new best friend."

 I chuckle happily as he steps onto the set infront of the hot white lights and the big cameras. I sit down in his seat at the vanity, grinning at my reflection deviously.

Kacey...you've turned a new leaf. London isnt gonna know what hit her.

**

Ignore errors :P

Sorry its so short and for the wait guys, I started school and all I do is sleep after school. Updates are gonna be coming slower but I promise they'll be worth the wait.

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!