Struggle #15

We were busying jamming to Love More by Chris Brown in the design studio while putting the finishing touches on the costume designs when Walter walked in. We rarely see him any more because he's busy working with the boys, making sure everything goes smoothly for the boys. He waves to us before walking over to the talk to Keisha, Raymond greets him with a beaming smile as he walks around us, supervising and giving us feed back on or designs.

 Right now I'm finishing up Ray's jacket. I had Raymond help me take the sleeves from a previous letter mans jacket and attatch them to a leather vest. I was able to steam press on a black and grey oriental pattern onto the sleeves to give it a 'Ray Ray' type flair. Yannie agreed with me that he would love it because it's such a intricate pattern. I honestly had trouble putting together my ideas for his outfit. He's so blunt and not afraid to express his opinion, I'd be really embarrased if he secretly hated my creation. If he has that cheeky smile on his face, that's how I know he'll genuinely like its.

 After adding the double zipper to Ray's jacket, I walk over to the rack that holds all my finish products. Raymond was able to find color coded dressing racks for us so we don't mix up our stuff. I'm thankful for that because knowing me, I'd place my clothes somewhere and never find it again. As I hang Ray's jacket up, something on Yannie's rack catches my eyes. I glance behind me at her table. She's busy searching through a bag of studs to notice me at all. I move one of the shirts labeled "Roc" to the side and look at the vest behind me.

 It's red and black with gold embellishments. It's looks really nice and professionally done but, right on the left side is the leopard print 'P' that I had Raymond search every where for. He literally spent three days going through all the shelves and bins to findthat P. It was the only one available too and I was lucky to get it.

 I take the jacket off the rack and head over to Yannie. She's so intent on searching through the bag os studs that it takes her a minute to notice me standing there. Her brown eyes flicker up to me slowly, "Hey Kacey," her face falters when she notices the jacket in my hand. "Why do you have my jacket?"

 "I was just admiring it until I realized that you took the leopard print P from me." I say to her.

 Her eyebrows scrunch together as she shoots me the evil eyes, "I didn't steal anything. That was on the accessory table over there. So I picked it up. No one claimed it so I did."

 I roll my eyes and put a hand on my hip, "Oh please, you heard me begging Raymond to find that P for three days straight. Everyone knows that was part of Princeton's jacket...you were there when Mandy complimented me on it."

 "Please stop letting that go to your head." Yannie responds, a hint of attitude clear in her voice. I'm take aback by her attitude and the evil glare she's sending towards me. Yannie has been so laid back since she's got here. I don't know who peed in her cheerios this morning but she needs to build a bridge and get over her pissy mood.

 "I'm not letting anything go to my head. I just was the P back and everything will be fine." I say, setting the jacket down on top of the pair of pants she's working on. I cross my arms and glance at the jacket, waiting for her to start prying the P off and handing it to me.

 Yannie stands up, she's at least an inch taller than me so I have to look up a little. "I'm not taking anything off, that would ruin the jacket. Find something else to add on to Princeton's jacket. It's not like its the end of the world."

 "Yeah Kacey, it's not the end of the world." London comments from the table behind us. I dont even bother to turn around because I'm too annoyed at this point to deal with her foolishness.

 Yannie and I stare eachother down, Chris Brown's voice still blasting through the room. That P is the highlight of Princeton's whole jacket and I know he'll love it. For sweet little Yannie to steal that from me is like a blow to my creativity and confidence. And me being the person I am, feel like something as little as a leopard print P is going to ruin everything. Princeton will never see how unique I can be, instead he'll praise Yannie and it wasnt even her idea.