Struggle #21

MB had a show in South Carolina earlier so we got to chill today and ended up going to the mall. Of course the boys got mobbed by fans after 15 minutes of walking into the mall. Surprisingly, the fans wanted pictures with us too and auto graphs. So much stuff was being shoved in my face to sign and there were cameras all up in my face. I'm used to the chaos backstage at one of MB's shows but this was a whole nother level of craziness. Even after Kenneth was able to hold the girls back long enough for us and MB to go shop without being stalked, my ears still rang from all the squealing and shouting the fans did. Not like I can blame them, a few weeks ago if I saw MB in the mall I'd burst out in tears of joy and probably pass out.

I was sitting in the food court with Joya and Yannie when Renee races over to us, excitement written all over her face. She jumps into the booth besides Yannie with the widest smile in the world, plastered on her face. We all exchange a look as she nearly explodes with excitment. She looks at us individually, "You're not gonna ask me why I'm so happy?" She asks.

Joya rolls her eyes, "Alright drama queen, why are you so happy?"

Renee sighs dreamily, "So we were in that sneaker store Champs right? I'm like oh I like those shoes right there and Roc was like oh you got nice taste in sneakers. So I'm like I'm a sneaker fan and he was like foreal? So we start having this whole conversation on sneakers and then he says that he'll buy me some. I'm like please don't because I don't want to look like a gold digger or anything. And we start arguing about him buying me the shoes and next thing I know, boom, he's purchased the shoes in my exact size. He claims he's a good estimater when it comes to what size a person's feet are and he really is cuz the shoes fit!" She exclaims.

I laugh, "Roc is so sweet, he's like a big teddy bear."

"I know!" Renee beams again, "But the best part is...he bought the same pair of sneakers for him self!"

Our mouths drop open in surprise and Yannie leans in with a smirk, "Wait so you guys are basically doing that matching couple thing?"

"I don't even know! We're not even together so...ugh it's driving me crazy. Roc isnt big about expressing emotions but I maybe this is his way of showing me that he likes me." Renee babbles out, tapping her nails on the table.

"Ohh he's a big baller." Joya says slyly, "Are you gonna show us the shoes or what?"

"Oh my bad," Renee reaches down to pick up the bag by her feet. She pulls out the box with the Jordan's logo on the top. She opens the lid to reveal black white and red sneakers. I keep myself from saying anything insulting because honestly, I have no clue why everyone is dying to get these. They look like every other pair of Jordans out there, just a different color scheme. I'm really not a sneaker person unless it's somthing simple like converse, vans or basic nikes. I don't even know sneaker names other than the talked about Grapes...which is a stupid name for a shoe that is mostly white.

After gathering everyone up, we ride in the SUV, heading back to the hotel we're staying in until later on tonight. Walter turns around in his seat to look at us, a wide smile appears on his face and we all exchang confused glances. Ray speaks up first, "Walt, why are you looking at us like you want to eat us?" He asks, quirking his thin eyebrow upwards.

Walter laughs and takes off his dark shades, "Well I got a little call from BET today..." He folds his shades and places them into his shirt pocket, purposely drawing out what he has to say. "They called to remind us that the BET awards are in two weeks, but yall already knew that because of the invitation they sent."

"Yeah we know that." Roc says shrugging like its not big deal.

Walter nods, "Well did yall know that they also want yall to be the opening act for the show?"