Struggle #10

After I woke up from the best nap of my life, I jumped into the shower and threw on some fresh clothes. My minnie mouse muscle tee with some shorts and my black converse. I exit the bathroom and walk into the living room to find a girl sitting on the couch watching an episode of Americas Next Top Model.

 I stare at the back of her head for a moment before walking to the side of the couch, "Hey," I say in a soft voice. The girl nearly jumps out her skin as she whips her head to look at me. I stick out my hand. "I'm Kacey."

 "Oh, you're the one that Bow Wow called last week." She says to me before looking me up and down, taking in every detail of my appearnace before looking back into my eyes. "I'm Renee." I take in her dark and curly shoulder length hair that makes her caramel complexion pop nicely. I smile and take a seat beside her.

 "So where are you from?" I ask her before she can get pulled into what's playing on tv again.

 "Brooklyn, and you?" She replies without removing her eyes from the tv screen.

 "Boston," I say. She nods in understanding and I look around the suite. Walter went all out with our living area for the week. It's a five star hotel complete with marbel floors, fluffy throw rugs and fancy elaborate furniture in the living room. The kitchen is just barely smaller than the one at home and the bathroom puts spa rooms to shame. There are three bedrooms, two girls in one, three in the other and the last room is for the security guard that going to be here watching us.

 My stomach growls and I realize that I haven't eaten since our quick stop at McDonalds this morning. "Where did Walter go?" I ask Renee.

 "He left about an hour ago to go pick the other girls from the airport. He should be back any minute." She replies, checking the time on her iphone. Before long we're both intently watching reruns of America's Next Top Model and making fun of all the stoic like faces the models make while they walk down the run ways. This show has almost as much beef and arguments as Bad Girls Club.

 Eventually the door opens and in walks Walter, followed by two other girls. "Hey you're up Kacey, I thought you would sleep all day." He laughs, closing the door behind him. I smile as the two girls hover awkwardly near the door. "Dont expect me to introduce yall, I'm just gonna bring your stuff into your rooms."

 As Walter disappears down the hall, managaing all the suit cases in his arms, the two girls continue to stand near the door, shifting their weight from one foot to the other. I decide to be the ice breaker and speak up, "Hey guys, I'm Kacey." I say with a smile.

 "And I'm Renee," Renee adds on, her eyes still glued to the tv.

 The shorter of the two girls with dark wavy hair speaks next, "Kenyanna but you can call me Yannie." She says in a soft voice, her mouth twisting up into a sweet smirk. She fiddles with the bracelet on her wrist as she looks to her right,waiting for the next girl to speak.

  The girl bites her lip nervously and looks up at us with a faint smile and a shy expression. "I'm Joya," she whispers before taking a seat on the other couch. Yannie follows her lead and they join us in watching tv. An awkward silence falls over the room and I silently look over each girl. They all look fairly nice even though they seem shyer than Renee and I. We did share a laugh when one of the models fell on the run way though.

 Walter walks back into the living room and stands near the tv, Renee mutes it so we can hear him speaks. "Alright, now that all the introductions are covered, I'm gonna run the game plan by yall. So Keisha says that the final girl is running late due to a delayed flight so she's going to be coming a little later. At 8:00 we're going to head down to a resturant down town and grab a bite to eat. Mindless Behavior will also be there so---"