Xavier IV

• Dedicated to Spanish Kuribohs

The stiff, cold floor greeted me when my heavy eyelids finally flew open. I lay sprawled out on the floor for a few moments, trying to remember what had happened the previous night. Foggy, unclear movies played in my mind as I sat up slowly, bringing a hand to my pounding head. There was no one in the dark room, except for me. It was almost peaceful-the only sound in the darkness was my occasional breaths.

"Chris, where's Xavier? I haven't seen him since last night.." Came Baylee's loud, obnoxious voice from down the hallway.

I heard Chris shuffle awkwardly.

"Why would I know? God I hate him..stupid hair and headband..I hate him.."

Quickly, I fumbled around wildly, grabbing at my shirt and pulling it on hastily, trying to get out of that room as soon as possible. If I was seen in there, Chris's room..I would be tasty Xavier toast with a side of churros.

Why was I in there In the first place? I wouldn't be able to explain, without being in a Therapist's office with dolls.

I staggered out of the room, stumbling down the hallway, nearly smacking into a wall. Thank God! I had managed to hide all the evidence of-

"Xavier, where's your headband?" Baylee was suddenly at my side, poking my arm lightly. "And where were you last night? You couldn't of been out hunting for that long."

I blinked several times, making sure not to even think about what happened. You really had to be careful around this girl..

"'Went out to a... bar. To get a few drinks.." I forced myself to not stutter.

Baylee raised an eyebrow. Well, actually I was only able to see one eyebrow raise..half her face was covered some of her annoying, fluffy hair. Oh, how I longed to grab that hair and slab on some sticky hair gel, and give it an actual style.

"Yeah, right," She sniffed, wrinkling her nose. "But seriously. Where's your headband? I thought you were like, married to it or something.."

Was that supposed to be amusing? Those Brits and their humor..

Wait, where was my headband?!  I reached up, and felt among the sea of spikes on the top of my head. Shit, I left it in the room. I looked at Chris, trying not to panic.

My worried expression was met with his death glare.

"Yeah, where is it, Xavier?" He grumbled.

I blinked a few times.

"I-i..have to pee." I stammered, turning and retreating into the bathroom.

-----------------------------

There had been a lot of close calls. That had just been one of them. Ever since I had first shown up and seen them-Kiros, Baylee and Chris, I knew I was in for some trouble. Why did I stay? Who knows. I must have been bored beyond comprehension..

In some ways, I'm secretly glad I stayed. In most other ways, I regret staying. I mean, I have to deal with someone I used to be pretty close to, but suddenly aren't. I also have to deal with someone who is pretty much smarter than all of us combined, and looks down on me, despite always being locked up in the basement all day. And last, I have to deal with someone who treats me like I'm his pet. Did I say 'he'? I meant 'they'.

I wasn't sure why Blake had shown up, either. He's one of the reasons why I regret staying, actually.

As the others have probably explained, we encountered this interesting man on an outing to go hunting. Kiros had stayed behind to do..who knows what in her lab. (Think about it, that girl could be building bombs, and we would never know!)