Chris I

• Dedicated to ALL YOU LOVELY READERS

It started out as a nice day. Hardly a few clouds. I was sitting there, enjoying my ice cream (not really, I had only gotten some to pass the time, while waiting for my friend and her mom to come pick me up).

Then she had to show up. She looked normal. She seemed normal. Execpt for a few small things. She was pale. She had brown eyes. She had a very bright pink bow. And she had a very scared look on her face.

"Hey." She mumbled, holding her elbow with her fingerless gloved hands, gloves that went up to her elbows.

"Hey." I tilted my head, seriously hoping nothing bad had happened, it didn't look like it, but you could never tell. She looked around, before focusing her gaze on me, the look a little less then sane.

"I'm Baylee. Who are you?" She asked quietly, adding in a small smile.

"...Chris." I nodded, sticking another spoonful of the cold ice cream into my mouth- chocolate. Yum. "Are you alright?" She let out a small sound.

"I... I saw something in the woods. And I don't want to go to the police. They might kick me out." Well, that explained it, she wanted help with something.

"Well, I can come and look for it with you." Why not? I had nothing better to do until Kiros got here. I stood up in my chair, got out my wallet and placed down the money for the ice cream, and a tip. It was good ice cream. She smiled, and turned around.

"It was in this direction." She said, fixing her grey shirt, that went over one shoulder. Her pants were also grey, although a much darker color of it. I guess the pink bow was to make up for the lack of color in the rest of her outfit. We stepped through the woods, and she led me in a bit further, or was it a lot further? I couldn't tell, all I saw was trees.

You see, I was used to the city, being born in Brooklyn, New York. I didn't really go to the park, but mother made us move, to the middle of no where, where there were a bunch of trees!

Lots. Of. Trees.

Right, anyway...

"Is this where you saw it?" I asked, looking around for whatever she had seen, when, really, I felt her up against my back, her arms locked around my chest. A little to strongly for someone of her stature to be holding, as well.

"Yes. Right here." She breathed out, causing me to shiver.

"Then what did it look like?" I asked, thinking this was a bad idea.

It was, indeed, a bad idea.

"You. I saw you. I want you. Okay?" I can imagine the creepy little smile on her face. "And now I have you, Chris."

I was going to say something, then I felt something very sharp, and very small, cut through the skin of my neck like butter. I thought she had stabbed me, but then I felt the burning pain, and knew this was something completely different.

She was a vampire.

And my life, as I knew it, was over.

As the pain spread, I had to force open my eyes, and I saw her, standing over me. How did I get on the ground? How did she see me from this far? Why me? Everything looked weird. Like how people describe things when they get high. That's how I felt, minus the pain. High. Who knows how long it was, but it felt long. It was probably only a few minutes. Because as sudden as the pain was, it just disappeared, and an odd coldness planted itself in me.

Baylee tilted her head, smiled, and blinked her now red eyes. "Well hello there, and welcome to the world of the undead!"

I hate my life.

She giggled, offering her hand to me. I glared, and then she withdrew it. "Fine, kay, don't take my help."

Bitch, you just turned me into a vampire, I don't want your help.

I got off the ground, with some difficulty, letting out a growl. ...A growl? This wasn't good. Not good at all. While getting myself to glare at her, I noticed a lot of other things.

One, I could see very, very well. Two, I could smell things from far, far away. And three.

She was staring at someone behind me. With a look of 'not again' on her face. What I saw, turning around, was another girl.

And that's when I got knocked out.