Chapter 23

I took a bite of my chicken, sitting quietly, waiting for Niall to come back.

He had gone to take another helping of his food and because there was an elaborately spread buffet, I'm sure more items must have caught his eye, than he had planned. ;)

All the speeches had been said and to be honest, my favourite one was Niall's, of course. I was a little biased when anything involved him and I know it's not fair, but that's just how it is. It has always been from the start.

All the speeches were so emotional, whether it was the the father of the bride or the maid of honour, the way they expressed their love for their daughter and the trust they had placed upon her choices was heartwarming. Maura and Bobby's speeches were dripping with emotions as well and made it clear to everyone how much they were looking forward to Denise being a part of their life as much as Greg was. Everybody made the guests tear up with the love and the mixed emotions in their speeches. Niall, however, had other plans. During all the toasts, people cried because of the love that was present in abundance in the atmosphere, at the time of Niall, people teared up because he wouldn't stop making everybody laugh!

He cracked jokes the whole time, told us about some of his and Greg's bizarre experiences, embarrassed him a little (and at that time, I swear I could see Greg carving a hole behind his brother's head with the help of his eyes and mouthed 'Yeah, Come home and I'll tell ya' when Niall turned to him to give him a cheeky wink) but in the end he said a line, "Big Brother, through all the banter and all the fights, Through the happiness and god forbid, the depair, I had promised to be there for you. And Denise, now that you have joined my bro, you both have become one, I've got your back too. Love ya both loads!" and that was without a doubt, my favourite part.

After the toasts were done, Niall went on a round to talk to all his family members to catch up and get a little familiar with Denise's and also make sure everyone was enjoying and comfortable. He was acting so responsible, doing all the duties assigned to him and more, I was happy I could get the opportunity to find out how responsible Nialler is. He joined me in the end and stayed. We started talking like there was no tomorrow. It was strange how Niall and I, both are very chatty, we can talk about everything and still find out new stuff to talk about to each other.

I took another bite of my chicken and when I looked up to my right, Niall was back placing a huge plate full of dessert in front of us, which made me laugh.

"You know, as much as you love eating, I think the amount of dessert you've got will be able to fill the stomach of at least three people in this room."

"It's not just for me, but for you also, silly, but you better finish your meal fast otherwise I won't even think twice about eating your share. Seriously I never noticed, you eat the slowest out of the whole human population, and I'm not even trying to exaggerate here. Even Annie's finished her meal, and here you are, still nibbling." I pointed to the person sitting across from him and there Annie was doing something with Katie's phone, and an empty plate in front of her.

"Well, excuse me but I eat like I eat and its never going to change."

I looked back at my food and was ready to take another bite, when a hand beat me to it and Niall spooned the mashed potato (or what was left of it) and quickly placed the spoon inside his mouth.

"Hey! Who gave you the right to do that, Horan?" I said, in a higher tone than was required. People seated around us turned to look at me, which made me feel extremely embarassed! Niall was laughing out loud and so was Annie, taking in the weird expression everyone was giving me.

"Sorry, sorry.." I mumbled just so they would look away. Niall was still busy laughing. Now that he had finished my food for me, I got hold of the dessert plate and placed it right in front of me.

"We're supposed to share that." Niall stated as his laughter died down.

"Oh, but I thought, you don't share your food." I said, a smirk making its way on my lips.

He rolled his eyes, "I don't. This part," He divided the food by making a seperating line with the spoon he still held in his hand, "is mine, and the rest is yours."

"You should've thought that before eating my food Niall. News for you, I don't share my food either. Only Anna has access to it. So now, you can wait till I have from this plate, whatever I want to." I said trying to give him my innocent look.

I took one of the desert spoons that he had brought, in my hand and started to take a bit of the cake from 'his part' of the food but, before I knew it, he pulled the piece of cutlery easily out of my grasp, making me yelp from the sudden action.

"Na-ah. You ain't gettin' no dessert. Only good girls get desserts and you ain't in that category Miss." He said in his best NYPD accent.

A voice in my head wanted to scream 'aww cutie' at the boy in front of me and I felt the urge to pull his cheeks and keep wriggling them continuously like you would do to a baby, but that would have to take back seat right now. He took my food and is not letting me have my dessert! (he got it, but still!) No one has ever done that before! Normally, people would encourage me to eat, what with my Anaemia and all.

"Haww Niall! You can't do that! I'll go get another spoon." I humphed and stuck my tongue out at him. I picked the dessert plate, which was still in my possession and got up, ready to walk to the buffet spread.

He stuck his hand out in front of me, blocking my path. "No way, woman. You're not taking my dessert anywhere."

He did not just say that.

"Don't. Call. Me. Woman. Ever. Again." I glared at him.

The words came out more ruder than expected and not only he, but even I was taken aback by my tone. I never talk like this!

What's happening? Just an hour ago, I was an emotional wreck, then I was normal, happy, then was in the mood for a playful argument and now I'm angry.

Angry at such a petty thing! That's not me. Something is wrong today.

"S-sorry." I muttered.

" 'S okay, Sam, you can have the dessert, I'll get another plate for me." He said.

"No Niall, don't be silly! Here you go." I said handing him the plate. "I need to go to the washroom, have your bit and then leave some for me." I smiled at him, trying to decrease the sudden uneasiness in the atmosphere that build up because of my outburst. "If you want to." I muttered the last part very softly.

I took my purse and walked to the restrooms, entering the one meant for females(obviously). I went to look at my reflection and not to my surprise, I looked fine. Just a bit paler than how I looked in the morning but that can be because of the cold. I straightened my dress a little and smiled in the mirror, something I often do just to see how it looks.

I started moving my waste side by side to 'check' the flowy-ness of the fab dress I had been wearing. The hip shake led to two or three spins, you know. ;)

And that's when I noticed that small, yet noticible red mark on the back of my thighs on my dress. Shit!

Oh my god! Why today?! No wonder people were staring at me while I made my way over here.

It's all so clear now! The mood swings, the crazy emotions, the pale face, the anger! That red stain on my dress was the reason for everything. And it's not even my dress, oh god! It is Katie's and it's ruined now! Just what I needed! I groaned loudly. I just hate this time of the month.

I groaned again, trying to think of what I would do next. Where is Anna, when I need her the most?!

What a great time you've chosen to get your period, Sam.