Chapter 1

"We are getting late! hurry up!"

"I'm coming!"

"Why does it take so long for you to be ready? I thought I was supposed to be the immature and careless one." I asked my not-so-punctual best friend. She always was extremely late for things. It was one of my pet peeves if you ask me. Whenever we had to go out or go somewhere important, like right now, she would always remember things at the last minute or just do something which would delay us.

"I just need time, okay? What's got your knickers in a twist, anyway? You're never in such hurry. Is there something I don't know?" She raised her eyebrows and her expression gave me a hint that she was already thinking about the things that I could probably hide from her.

"No just like that," I shrugged. "I can't wait to get back after that marvelous show we put up day before yesterday." I smiled, thinking about what was going to happen today in the studio.

She slipped her beloved converse on and we were ready to move. I was wearing my light blue jeans and a sweatshirt. My hair was like it usually is, shoulder length, so I really can't experiment that much with it. There were steps in my hair, making it settle perfectly around my face. It looked nice. My face is kinda small.

Heck, I am small. I don't like that at all.

I'm not that much of a fashion freak and I really am not bothered with brands and labels and stuff like that. If I like something I buy it.  Some of the stuff I buy usually becomes lose thanks to my petite frame though. For me, comfort is fashion. I really couldn't be bothered wearing skirts or something like that. Dresses are an occasional wear as well.

Anna had on a black tank top and she wore a red plaid shirt over that. It matched her black skinny jeans and navy blue converse perfectly. The funny part is, the idea of shopping for both of us is buying the bare essentials, fooling around in the trial rooms and getting a Starbucks coffee.

We were on our way to the studio and I reckon there was a big announcement that was going to be made there. I overheard the manager Keith, who also happens to be a very good friend of mine, talking to the board of directors in a confidential meeting. Being me, I was curious to know what was happening and wasn't afraid of eavesdropping even though it's not a good thing to do. Well, what's life without a bit of risk?

I just can't wait to know what it really is. The thing that's got me thinking is that never before has anything been hidden from us in the company. So, I'm guessing whatever this is, its going to be huge.

Our dance company had all female dancers. To be honest, I don't know why. I never even gave much thought to it. There was Me and Anna, Adriana and Carly who are very sweet girls. I like them a lot :) They were somewhat like me and An. Then there were Chelsea, Aisha and Reese who were the quietest people of the lot. They kept to themselves, mostly. Gabriella, Lucy, Jodie and Mia were the loud, bold, flirty ones of the group. I didn't like them that much but we were still friends, I guess.

Me and Anna mostly act like the binders of the group, if I come to think of it. Anna tries to get Chelsea, Reese and Aisha involved in the plans of the group, if any, and she makes sure they are not excluded from anything. Adriana and Carly are simply cool so they're always there. When it came to the other four, well they had some tantrums of their own and were the divas of the group. They get under Anna's nose many a times and her reactions to some of the things that they do are quite hilarious! I try to get along with them though, because if we're not all together, then our dances wouldn't be as expressive as they are.

Our manager, Keith has been with me throughout school. He's a good guy and someone I get along with almost too easily. He has his own fan following in the form of the four divas of our group and I love teasing him about that ;) Ellen, our secretery is a darling. She's the sweetest lady ever and is like a motherly figure to me.