Chapter 4

I freezed where I was standing. And this is no exaggeration. Not at all.

What is he doing here? Did he watch the show? That means he watched my dance! Did he like it? Did he not like it? Were there others with him?

He didn't say anything. He had a very weird expression on his face. An expression that I have never seen on that particular face ever before. He was looking angry.

"Which gossip magazine do you work for?" He said. His voice was cold and hard. He tried that it be completely emotionless but failed.

"Umm, I'm no paparazzi. As you can see-" I looked down and touched my dance costume and looked back at him. "- I'm a dancer." I said shyly, not knowing what to expect.

"Is it the job of a dancer to stand with her ear pressed to the door of the dressing room of an artist, eavesdropping? Please enlighten me, because I'm confused" He said.

"I-I was finding water." I looked to the floor, not knowing how to face him and his cold expression.

He raised his eyebrows."I may be blond, but I'm not blond."

"I know Niall, You've dyed your hair since you were 10." I let out a small laugh at the memory, of watching the interview in which he mentioned this fact.

"How do you know?!" He questioned, raising his voice a little.

"It's because I'm a big fan of yours!" I sighed raising my voice like him. This is not how I thought I would meet him.

"Are you sure about that?" His tone filled with suspicion.

"Oh god! I am! And please stop with the accusations! I was just looking for water and I couldn't find it anywhere and no crew member was in sight either so I thought some maybe in there-" I pointed to the door, "- and I was just listening to make sure! All because my throat is dying of thirst! I am completely dehydrated and if I dont get the liquid in my body then I swear if I faint, I'll blame you. " Wow. I sounded good while telling him the half truth. If I told him that I was just looking for some funny information to blackmail Justin in the future if needed, he will completely flip out.

"Well, okay, okay! Calm down." He shrugged.

"Thank you!" I sighed. "By the way, I'm sorry for eavesdropping. I know I was wrong for doing that and now that I think of it, it was truly absurd of me."

He smiled now. That's what I longed to see! That smile is one in a billion. The way his eyes became small while he did it was one in a billion. This boy standing in front of me was one in a billion.

"Sorry for being so rude back there." He said.

"No, I didn't mind. Well I did, but its okay" I shrugged.

He stood there smiling. I took this moment to look into his eyes again. I always knew I was going to meet him! Always! Here I am now. He hasn't fallen in love with me though, so, that part isn't true, I guess. :P (not that I thought he would, but a teenage girl can only hope.) I can try for being the best friend. Ever since I've known One Direction I knew that even if it was nothing significant, I wanted to be a part of their life and I surely wanted them to be a part of mine. I just wanted to have some connection with them. It had to happen some way. I was sure.

"What are you doing here, Niall?" The question popped out of my mouth before I had time to think what I was saying. Mind you, It felt amazing saying his name, talking to him and not just pretending. I'm not even fangirling, so thats a plus.

He is normal, after all. Special, yet, normal. If you know what I mean. He really wouldn't appreciate me screaming on his face, would he?

"Can't I come to support my friend?"