Chapter Forty-Four

*Amelia*

"I have a confession to make." The church finally silenced and everyone pay attention carefully.

The priest came to me and held his hands out in front of me. "My Queen, what is it you like to confess?" I refused his hands and walked around him so the kingdom could know the truth. Forgive me, Father.

"What Lord Jacob says is true. Before Michael and I were bonded by the marriage treatment signed by my father, there was a affair. An princess's affair who became a Queen. Your new princess, Noni, is the daughter of Lord Jacob and now I carry another on his children. A son."

Silence. Silence. And silence. I felt relieved for confessing. But scared of what was gonna happen to me. The penalties for affairs for royalty is death by being beheaded.

"Amelia." Michael said to me. I turned to him slowly and he came to me. "What we shared you through to waste. You are a disgrace to this throne. Especially for a royalty of color."
"Says the man who raped me and whose bloodline is not to my father's throne. You are more of a disgrace to this throne, seducing my ladies maids and not to mention.. "
"Speaks another word" he pulled his sword out and places it near my neck "and I will kill you myself."

Soon Jacob pulled out his sword and touches Michael's. "I wouldn't dare to do that. My King." They stared at each other wondering who would make the first move. But I think I should. I've lived in this life of destruction too long. I placed my hand on my stomach feeling the child growing inside of me. Forgive me, my child. But I don't want you to be born in a place like this.

I pulled Michael's dagger from his belt then took my own life. Stabbing myself in my heart. I gasped as I feel the blood spilling in my body. I fell to the ground pulling the dagger out slowly still cutting me.

"No!" Jacob shouted. He ran to me and cradle my head. "No. Mia. No! Why."
"To save another life from destruction. I'm sorry, my love. Forgive me. Ta--take care of o...of our daughter."

My eyes began to see a light. Bright and beautiful. Heaven was waiting for me. Or is it hell? *Exhale*

*Jacob*

"NOOOOO! Amelia, please come back! Don't leave me. I love you." I cried over and over as she laid in my arms lifeless and her precious blood spilling on my hands.

I rested my head shedding tears in her hair, inhaling her sweet smell. I can't live in this life without her, she is my everything. My love, my joy, my happiness, my hope, my Queen.

"You brought this upon yourself." Michael said behind me. I didn't turn to him. I couldn't take my eyes off her. I didn't want to leave sight of her. I rather be dead with her then listening to this bastard of a king.
"Then I ask you to end my life, in front of the kingdom, in front of God. End my suffering."

I waited for for a strike in my head but still nothing happened. I held her tightly to me not caring if her blood stained my clothes. Suddenly...

*gasp then exhale*

The end of m..y life. I'm co..oming my love.