Chapter Twenty-Four

*Amelia*

We were finally alone and I didn't know how to say anything. Words swam in my mind back and forth. What do I say? How?

"Mia, what is wrong?" he asked me and I just walked back and forth mumbling. He came to me and stopped myself. "Mia, talk to me, what is going on?"

I took a breath and looked back at him. I grabbed his hand and placed it on my stomach. He looked curious but soon felt the same thing I did.
"Is this possible, Mia?"
"This is not a dream nor a fantasy, what I am carrying is real. The next heir to my throne." He smiled and soon began to cry.

He pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek. We began to cry together and giggle. He touched my stomach over and over again hoping to feel it again.
"Wait, who else knows of this?"
"Only you...and one of my ladies maids, Marina."
"How will you tell Michael or least of all, your father?"

"I do not know. I just have to pretend its Michael's child. That's it! On our wedding night." Jacob turned away and covered his face. I placed my hand on his shoulder. "What is it, Jacob?"
"To know another making love to the woman who is suppose to be my wife, it makes my blood boil."

He turned to my face and seeing a tear roll down his cheek was hard and this was treason. My life could be over for the crime I committed, so could this child and Jacob's.

"Jacob, listen to me, my love. I will find a way where we can be together once again. But you have to stay with your regular schedule being real close to my father and soon with Michael. And also, you will need to find comfort of another woman as long as I'm queen."
"What, no! Never! I will not be another woman's, I want to be with you forever, eternity."
"Oh, how I would love that, but this is for your safety and also for your child. Please."

This was a tough choice for both of us. To separate for the sake of our child and for our love. Our foreheads touched and I wanted to be like this with him forever. I wish I would have told my father earlier. This is all my fault.

"I will do it." He whispered. I opened my eyes and looked at him. "I will do it, for you and my child, boy or girl. If its for my safety and this child soon to be heir to the phone, I will do it."

I could feel my tears forming in my eyes and just wanted to cry. I fell into his shoulder and holding him tight.
"I love you, Jacob. Always and forever."
"And I love you, Mia. Forever and eternity."