Chapter Twenty-Two

*Amelia*

I walked back to the grand door and the door opened widely just for me. The crowd began to bow to me. I smiled and bow my head a little in respect for them. I walked into the grand ballroom and I saw Michael in the middle waiting for me.

He bowed to me and I curtsy back. We began dancing for almost minutes which felt like seconds.
"Were you made aware of this?" Michael asked pulling me into his shoulder.
"This was unexpected to me also."
"All that was spoken to me was there is a royal faire tonight to celebrate. But never told me the occasion."

"Maybe something to do with us." I whispered.
"What do you mean?"
"Just ask the man I called Father." The music ended and he kissed me hand. The crowd clap for us and I got a glimpse of Jacob in the corner.

I walked over to him and he was talking to a blonde young girl, she looked older than me. She was beautiful and flirting with him. I walked over towards him but was stopped by Lady Isabelle. She pulled me off to the side and walking back into the crowd.

"Oh, my darling, I knew this day would come that you two will finally be wedded."
"Does that surprise you much?"
"Oh, no, not at all. I knew it from the moment you two were children. Now for your the future heirs..." When she said those words I felt my stomach and it felt like there was already one inside of me.

"Why talk about children now, when the kingdom is about to be crowned a new queen."
"And also her king I may add."
"Yes, but is he worthy for this throne? Generations of men sat at this throne and have fallen into misery and lust, I want to make sure that the next king will not follow into those footsteps."

I walked away from her and my mind began to hurt. I placed my hand on my head and my stomach together. This couldn't be happening.

Marina came towards me and looked at me in shock.
"Amelia, what is wrong?"
"Words can't describe what is happening."
"Shouldn't you be excited for this."
"Excited? My father struck his hand to me, I'm forced to marry Michael thanks to a marriage bond, I'm pregnant and now I'm about to be the next queen with a man I don't love!"

"Wait...did you say?" Marina stopped herself and placed her hand on my stomach and looked at me.
"Who is the father?"
"Can you keep a secret?"

I told her everything and she became furious and concerned. She was like a sister to me but now the problem was growing stronger by the minute. She promised me that she will keep secret but told I had to tell not only him but my father.

No, I couldn't. He would execute him then kill the child or me. To have the death of someone I love on my heart was the last thing I need.

I walked back into the ballroom and I saw my father entering the ballroom then everyone began bowing down to him. I rolled my eyes and looked in the ballroom to find Jacob. He wasn't in sight. I saw Michael with Lady Isabelle who was whispering in his ear.

I followed behind my father and soon came beside him. He looked down beside me but I didn't look back at him. Just standing him, I could still feel the sting in my cheek.

"Amelia..."
"Father, I'm only hear for your sake, not your words of apologize. This night is for me, so let's keep it that way."
"Spoken like a woman ready to be queen."
"With a man I don't even love."
"You know nothing of true love, my dear."
"I suppose you do?"

We finally made it to the thrones a d we sat together. I still faced the crowd with a serious look. I still glanced out looking for Jacob, I finally found him in the middle of the crowd, with the blonde standing beside him. I could feel a growl in my chest just wanting to scream.

My father stood from his throne with a glass of wine in his hand.
"Friends. Honored Guest. Welcome to my home." The crowd began clapping then silenced.

"Tonight we are to celebrate a very special young woman, a woman who is of my blood and flesh, my daughter, Princess Amelia." I smiled a little and bowed my head a little.
"We have very exciting news to share with you. You see, just a week ago, my daughter as reaches the age of marriage and able to conceive a child. Well tonight, we have made a match, a marriage bond signed between her and Prince Michael."

The crowd cheered louder and he came up on the platform. He shook hands with my Father and then came to me.
"Was this what you were talking about, us, together, as King and Queen, husband and wife?" I looked out to the crowd and back at him.
"Yes."

He came close to my lips and kissed me. The crowd cheered louder and claps. I smiled a little but saw the look on Jacob's face. I'm sorry, my love.