Chapter Thirty-Eight

*Amelia*

I sat in Noni's room all night just watching her sleep. She reminds me so much of Jacob, she was so strong and beautiful. She woke up earlier then usual and began crying. One of the ladies maids ran in but I wanted to hold and take care of my daughter.

I picked her up and rocked her in my arms. She still cried as shushed her then suddenly sang a little song that my mom use to still to me. The sweet lullaby calmed her down, she cooed to me and smiled at me.

"Noni, you are gonna be a wonderful queen. Never let a man control, you are your own woman, royal blood." I continued the lullaby and she fell asleep in my arms. I laid her in her crib and she was sound asleep.
"You remind me so much of your mother." I turned to see my father. He didn't look like himself, more pale and almost thin.
"Father, you don't look well. Are you ok?"
"Sit down, my child."

We sat across from Noni's crib on the red velvet couch. I watched as my father walked over to me slowly and struggled. I stood up and helped him. He finally sat down and exhaled as if it was his last breath.
"Father?"
"Amelia, I'm dying." He started cough but looked at me and smiled. "I only have a few days maybe a week."
"No, Father. You can't. You're not dying." I started crying .
"Shh, Amelia. You know the ways of a kingdom without me. You have become a woman with the heart a king, you're married to a wonderful man, you've blessed me with a beautiful granddaughter. My prayers were answered."
"Father, you can't die. I don't want you to go. You are all I have."

He chuckled and coughed again. I held his hand and his skin was icy cold. I touched his face and he becoming so cold.
"Michael is a wonderful man to you." He said to me but I didn't answer to me him.
"But,"
"But what?"
"But what if I don't love him? What if I'm in love with someone else?"
"Who, my child? Please tell me." He struggled saying.

"I'm in love...with, with"
"With who?" The suddenly he took his last breath.
"I'm in love with Jacob." I turned to him and he wasn't moving or breathing. "Father? Father? Father!? No! No! No no Father please! Come back! Come back!"

I continued screaming hopefully someone would hear me. I cried on my father's body and held him close to me.
"Father, please, don't leave me. I need you. I need you." I cried on him then suddenly the nursery door was open with guards, servants, maids, Michael and Jacob.

"What happen?" Michael asked. I looked over to him then Jacob.
"Long live the king." I continued crying in his body hopefully to hear his heartbeat.
"Long live the king." The guards and servants repeated over and over.

"Long live the king." Michael said. He held his hand out to me and surprisingly, I took it. He held me as I continued the cry. I turned my head and looked at Jacob as he looked sad and depressed.

Hours Later...

The sky began to cloud with gray clouds, thunder, lightening and rain began to appear. I never left my room and Noni's crib was moved to my room after my father's death.

A knock came to my door and it was Alicia. I didn't even look at her but I could tell it was her. She walked over to me and sat on my bed.
"My Queen?" she said and turning her face to me.
"Have you ever seen someone you love die in front of you?"
"No, my Queen. I'm so sorry for your lost."
"He didn't even know the truth."
"Truth? What truth?"

"Its not worth mentioning again. I can't trust no one no more." I turned away from her and fiddled with my dress. She stood up and walked towards my door. As soon as she opened the door, she closed it but didn't leave my room.
"I need to ask you."
"I want to be alone now. Please leave."
"I won't leave until you tell me what I need to know."

I stood up and walked up towards her.
"Who do you think you're talking to?"
"I am talking to a whoring Queen who not only sleeps with her husband, but with a man who is not her husband. I saw you and Jacob last night together, making mad, passionate, pleasurable love."
"Why does that concern you?"
"Because if he is to be my husband, I will not let a bitch sleep in the same bed with my husband."

"You don't scare me?"
"So if I tell the King that you have fucked my soon to be husband, what will it be for either you or your daughter?" She walked over to Noni's crib but I stopped her but grabbing her arm.
"Stay away from my daughter."
"Then stay away from Jacob or else I will confess you in front of the council." She smiled wickedly then left my room. I walked over to Noni's crib and she still slept soundly and calm.

I kissed her head and touched her soft skin. I didn't know what position I put myself in, I lost my father, my purity, my will and my way. I have to end this.