Chapter Twenty-Nine

*Jacob*

Hearing both Michael and Amelia saying their 'I Do' was hard to hear, but from Amelia voice, it sound like a lie. I couldn't bear to watch the rest so I just left.

I walked out of the chapel and ran to the garden. To watch the flowers bloom but my soul and heart was dying of pain. Love was very complicated, sometimes it chooses it own fate for yourself but never sees true love when she is standing in front of you.

"Sir Jacob?" a soft voiced called my name. I looked and she seemed very familiar. "Oh, you probably don't recognize me, I'm Marina. One of Amelia's ladies maids."
"Oh yes. I'm sorry if I interfere."
"Oh, no. Not at all, I sometimes come down here to get away from the gossip in the castle."
"Gossip. What gossip?"

She walked closer to me and telling me everything what was really happening behind Amelia's back and even in front of her.

"Rumor has it that Lady Isabelle had to screw the King in order to get his approval to wed Michael and Amelia. She is basically the puppet master. Also, Michael seems to have a serious desire of pleasure. For the last couple of days they were here, he was raped and screwed some of the maids but the one he has had eye on was Claudia, one of Amelia's other ladies maid, my friend. She keeps believing that he is in love with her, but she is only his meal ticket."

"How come no one has told Amelia?"
"Because imagine if she did find out, oh she would be devastated and furious. She may have the body of a woman, but she has the mind and heart of a man, just like her brothers."
"Do tell me about her brothers."

"There were once three princes, William, Eric and George. Nicest gentlemen in the whole kingdom, especially Eric, he was the eldest, William the middle and youngest is George, he was sometimes very shy. A year ago, the king of Romanina wanted Amelia for his wife but her brothers were so furious they called to battle. The battle lasted for almost three days. Each prince died in those three days. It broke the King's heart especially since out former Queen, Anna, died of a illness that was stronger than war. Amelia was the greatest treasure to her brothers, they taught he manly ways instead of being a lady. The king didn't allow it but he couldn't help it."

This story was very strong and powerful. A kingdom falling from losing heirs and now about to have its many scandals.

"I have to warn her!" Marina stopped me and shock her head no.
"No don't. You can't."
"Why not?"
"Because Michael said if I ever tell anyone worse of all, Amelia, he would kill me. I have a family and a child."
"Child? In you now?"
"No, she came about a year ago. She has no father to protect her."
"Who is the father?"

She turned her head as if she wanted to cry. I heard her sniffle then turned to me.
"Only Amelia knows. Crystal, my daughter, her father is Eric. The former prince of this kingdom. Please, for the sake of my child and yours that Amelia is carrying, do not speak a word." I took her hand into mine and looked into her eyes.
"You have my word, Marina."

She hugged me and then handed me a box.
"What is this?" I opened it and it was a necklace with a red ruby stone. It was beautiful. "Why must you give me this?"
"Its for you to give to Amelia. It was her mothers. She always wanted her to have before she was married but she never was able to give it to her."
"But why me?"
"Because you love her. And I know she loves you dearly. You two were meant to be together."

"How will ever have the chance to be with her again?"
"You can only find the solution yourself." She kissed my forehead and walked away. These many affairs happening in the kingdom that no one was made aware of, needs to end. But who will listen to me? No one.