Chaptet Five

*Jacob*

I couldn't stop thinking about her. She is smart, amazing and very beautiful. Very beautiful. No, stop it Jacob. You are here for politics not love. Love? Love? I think I'm in love with the princess.

What about be honorable to the King? I can not destroy my duties for my feelings? I must honor my fathers legacy. But what if...no no no. Jacob, focus. She is probably already in a arrange marriage, but she wouldn't...

What is happening to me?

*King Jonathan*

I sat in my throne waiting for my daughter to come. It felt like it was hours waiting until I heard her heels coming down the aisle.

"Father." she curtsy then looked at me. She had this glow in her brown eyes that curious me.
"Amelia. You seem very happy. What is it if I may ask?" She had a nervous smile on her face and the blush in her checks still appeared.
"Nothing, Father. Honestly, nothing could ever make me happy except you. I'm glad you called me."
"Are you? Good. Because I need to talk to you."

I came out of the throne and began walking towards her. I took her hand and we left the throne room. Through the halls of castle we left.

I have never thought I would let my daughter back to this place. The training ground. Where boys learn to fight like men and become knights, guards and heroes to the Royal Army.

"Father, why did you bring me here?" She said with a shiver in her hand as I held it.
"I think you know why we are here." I let go of her hand and let her walk into the armory room.

There laid her brothers swords. Covered in velvet cloth and shining like the stars in the sky. She picked up George's sword and touched it smoothly.

"I remember when you first picked up that sword." I said looking at her from behind as she admired the sword. "You weren't nothing but a year old. I remember your brothers play fighting with you. You put a quite a cut on Williams chest."

She chuckled and turned to me still holding the sword.
"Father, honestly, why did you bring me here?"
"Because not only did I see the heart of warrior in you, but I saw much more. I have something for you."

She placed the sword back in its case and the cloth then followed me. I came over to the blacksmith who was polishing "her sword". Blue jewels on the handle and pedals. I took it from him then placed it in her hands. She looked up at me in confusion but I thought she would understand what was happening.

"This is a sword." She said.
"Yes. Your sword." She looked in shock then a smile I wanted to see appeared.
"But why would you do this...now?"
"Because I wanted to challenge my own daughter. I would say it isn't a fair fight."
"Oh, Father, you have no clue."

Minutes Later...

*Amelia*

I came out in my own armor I made years ago. I pulled my hair in a ponytail with my sword in my case. I walked out and didn't notice that the whole kingdom was watching.

Crowds cheering for both of us. I didn't know what was going on. This was a first, my father never let me picked up a sword before my brothers died.

I saw my father in his armor and finally his helmet over his face. I didn't have one for myself, I trusted that I wasn't going to get a scratch on my face.

We walked towards each other and our swords touched.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, today we are here to witness your princess and my beloved daughter, Amelia, hand to hand combat with I, King Jonathan. Let the battle begin!" The crowd began to cheer and then the match began.

The sound of our swords touching each other with swish, slash and whosh. So many times my father fell for my trick. He couldn't get off his ass most of the time. Getting slower, old man.

When the final hour was almost over in the battle, my last and final trick was something a little thing my brothers taught me, they never had a name for it but I remember calling it THE TRAP...

When all it took was a trip and a tug at his cape then taking his sword it was all over.
"Impressive, Amelia, you fight as well as a man."
"I may have a fighters heart of a man, but I'm a strong woman that can beat my father in combat." I placed my sword back in my case and then hugged father.

"Thank you Father, this is a day I will never forget." I felt his grasp in his hands around my neck and back as he held tightly for a hug.

I looked over his shoulder and came across a view of Jacob who looked very surprised. My heart raced in a way I have never felt before. I don't know what was happening with me.

I think I may be falling in love with him.