Chapter Sixteen

*Amelia*

Dinner was short and I decided to spend the rest of my evening in the garden. The moon shined in the riverbank and the flowers color changed to many shaded of blue and gray.

I touched the roses softly and pulled one off the stem. I looked as it beauty matched mine but still the flower has its innocence and I don't. I feel like it was a mistake but it truly wasn't one.

"Amelia! Amelia, are you here?"
"Jacob? Jacob?! Is that you?" Out of the bushes appeared Michael.
"No, why would it be Jacob? Is he more of your personal servant?"
"Oh, no. He would sometimes keep me company out here or sometimes my father would send him to put a good word in my ear."

I sat back on the grass and stared at water. Michael sat next to me and this was a memory from when we were maybe about 9, before he left.
"It has been a long time since we were here together. Hasn't it?"
"It has. Michael, I have to admit you have changed entirely." We both giggled and started a conversation.

Talking about how our appearance had change, how we use to play fight, keep each others secrets and...
"Amelia, remember when it was my last day here?"
"Yes, well, not entirely."
"I remember as if it was yesterday. We both here together. We just finished practicing for our pretend tournament and my mother was calling my name saying we need to go. I remember what I wanted to give you when I left."

I looked over to his green eyes and wondered. "What did you want to give to me?"
"I really don't know how to do it now?"
"Michael?" He turned to me and looked at me in a way I only seen Jacob do. His hand came to my cheek and rubbed my skin.
"You really want to know?" He moved closer to me and our lips were very close and almost touched.

"Amelia!" Another manly voice came behind us. I looked... JACOB?!
"Jacob? What is it?" I stood up quickly and fixed myself a little.
"Um, nothing I was just wondering where you were. And also Michael your mother was looking for you."

Michael got up and fixed himself a little too. "Oh dear, I guess I better go before she comes and looks for me." He turned to me and kissed my cheek then walked away.

Jacob stared at me and just stared.
"Jacob, nothing happen." I said quietly.
"Almost did. He tried to kiss you. That was almost "our kiss."
"Jacob, I didn't want it to happen, I wouldn't let him touch me. I am going still tell my father tonight."
"Its too late, he and Lady Isabelle left for a walk through the kingdom."
"Then why did you tel Michael..."

He walked closer to me and stopped me from talking.
"It doesn't matter now." He moved closer to my lips and kissed me. I missed this touch all night long. During the whole dinner, all I could think about was Jacob's lips, his hands touching my body, feeling him inside of me. Our lips finally released and I sighed in relief and joy.

"Jacob, I don't know if it was by God's hand to bring us together, but I want to be with you. Forever.:

"Mia, what are you saying?"

"I'm answering your question of marriage. Yes. Yes, I will marry you." It was so unexpected what he did. He picked me up in his arms spinning around in circles. We giggled, kissed and never wanted to let each other go. I was ready to start my life as queen with my new husband and king of my kingdom.