Chapter Three

*King Johnathan*

I sat in the ballroom by the fire place watching the flames rise in the smoke. This kingdom was falling apart its too much for a king with high expectations for his only daughter.

Suddenly a knock at the door and one of my servants. "Your Majesty, there is a young man here to see you. A Mister Jacob James?"
"Send him in please." I never took my eyes from the flames of the fire.

My wife, my queen, she use to dance around the fire every night before she went to sleep. She was part Native and she believe the flames of the fire is a sign of hope and peace whenever it rises but she always said it was always dim so she would know something was wrong. And she was always right...

The door opened again and finally took my eyes away from the flames. A young man who was very tall, well built and seemed different in the posture.

"Your majesty." He said with a very deep strong voice, almost strong enough for a king. "I was sent here on your request to be your personal stewart."

I walked over to him and circled him as if I was a mighty shark wanting his prey. "Do you believe you are worthy to serve me and this kingdom?"
"Yes, sir. If I didn't believe I could do this, then I wouldn't be here."
"You seem a fit but there is something's you need to know."
"Yes, sir. Go on."

I sat down at the window and looked out to the kingdom. I looked out to my people in fear and desperation.
"My lord?"
"There is no male heir for this kingdom. All my son, three, William, George and Eric, sacrifice their lives in battle to...to" I began to choke on soft sobs because my sons were heroes and right for this kingdom.
"To protect who, my Lord?"
"My only heir and child, my daughter. Amelia."

I felt a tear fall down my cheek when I said her name. She was everything to me now, she was smart and has the heart and mind of a Queen and King.

"And, sir if I may ask, where is she? The princess?" He asked softly and turned to him and then suddenly the door creep over quickly. I could hear the sounds of heels clicking on the title floor.

I walked over to the door and the sound of running heels disappeared. I could smell the perfume of cherry blossom and lavender in the air. Amelia.

"Sir?"
"That was her. I assume she sneaked away from her lesson. Again. She is like her brothers. She is always wanted to be like them. A warrior. But no woman's heart belongs in war only in..."
"Love? A woman's heart belongs in love. Its a quote from a poem."

I smiled at him. I never knew a young man with such intelligence would know this quote.

"Well, Sir Jacob, I would want to welcome to the kingdom." I held my hand out and he looked curious.
"Sir?"
"You may shake my hand." He did and smiled a wide smile, bowed then left my sight.

I had a strong feeling about him, he seemed like a hidden prince inside. I wonder how Amelia would "interest" him.