Chapter Eight

*Ameila*

See both my father and Jacob stand then say my name at the same time was shocking. I walked in and the help all bowed to me, gosh I wish they stopped that.

I finally sat in my chair then dinner was served! Eating in silence was very awkward and uncomfortable, usually my father and I would have some conversation but since Jacob is...

"So Amelia, I have a question and a request for you." Oh, I wonder this is about. "See, the time has come for you to wed and to produce an heir."
"But father, I'm still only 17, not even ready for the journey to womanhood. Why the sudden thought?"

"Because there is a match treaty made with the Queen of Yale. Her eldest and only son, Prince Michael, is soon to take the throne, but only to a woman who has a kingdom of her own."
"Father, why should I match with someone who already has duties and responsibility to a kingdom when I already have one of my own?"

We argued back and forth about the topic and I wasn't proud of it. Jacob sat their quietly and I was hoping even praying he would support me.

"Excuse me, Your Majesty, if I may, but why should a match be made with royalty each have responsibilities to their own kingdom and themselves. I understand completely but why not let royalty find love for themselves and not let a unknown match be made?" The room was silent and Father was completely speechless.

"Are you defending my daughter?"
"I wouldn't call it defending only support, especially for a young, lovely woman, as your daughter is, she should have the choice. No woman should ever have someone make the choices for her, especially if she is to be queen."
"Woman were created to be below men, and as long as she is my daughter and a as you say, a young lovely woman, a match will be made and that is final."

He sat back down in his chair and continued eating. I sat there in shock and with only one thing to say.
"Father, what if I deny the crown as queen?" He choked on the wine then looked directly at me.
"What?"
"I will make a decision with you, if I can find a match of my own in a week I will marry him with no delay and if I never have the time to find one then you shall match me with Prince Michael."

The room was quiet, once again. This was a choice I had to make for myself. If I am to be Queen soon, I have to choose for myself until a husband is beside me.

Father got out of his chair then walked out of the dining room. Jacob and I were left alone with the help still standing behind us.
"You may clear the dinner service, thank you."

The servants began cleaning up and I still haven't moved from my chair. I felt like I made a terrible choice to open my mouth and speak.

"That was very brave of you. To stand up to your father." Jacob said to me.
"I feel reckless now. I've deceived him."
"No, you didn't. You only surprised him, it was a test."
"He would never test me. I know him. Jacob, a... about earlier, I am truly sorry."

He stood up and took my hand in his. Helping me stand up, he looked back into my brown eyes and stared at me.
"Why be sorry over a kiss?"
"Because a kiss is a very powerful thing." I tried to let go of his hand but he didn't let me go.
"Even from someone who loves you."

Loves me? I was utterly speechless and weak in my body. He loves me? He pulled he closer to he is chest to the point where his lips were on my nose.
"Mia..." He began touching my face slowly and softly. Pulling me close to his lips....

"Princess...your...oh...I'm sorry for interrupting, but its time to get you ready for bed." one of my ladies maids said quickly and shy.
"Um, thank you, Sonja, I will be there shortly." She closed the door.

I looked back into Jacobs eyes and just stared. I have never felt this way before for someone especially for an outsider. He was a gentlemen, kind, confident, patient, caring, as if only a King could be.

"I should leave you now. Mia." He said as his lips were coming to mine.
"Yes. I believe you should." Moving closer to him. We moved even closer until I inhaled a long breath. "Jacob...I"

His finger went to my lips and he finally kissed me. I needed that, fear has its ways to pull someone away from something very special. Our lips unlocked and I walked away slowly with my hand sliding out of his. I couldn't leave him, I wanted him, needed.

I walked out the door and walked quickly to my room only to seem like running. He was still on my mind every second, he is the ONE.

I walked into my room and Claudia was standing there alone with my night gown and my bath ready.
"Is it true, Mia?"
"Is what true?"
"You and Sir Jacob? You two actually kissed. Are you in love?"
"I think I am. I think I'm in love with Jacob."