Last Shot (Corahn Lockridge/August Alsina)

Before you start reading, I'd like to apologize in ahead of time for grammatical errors, graphic language or content, or anything you may find offensive. This was my first story on here, and I wasn't as experienced with writing as I am now. So please bare with me, it gets better as you read on. Thank you

Adrian

I looked up at the clock, 9 seconds. "You got this," I thought to myself. I ran to the other end of court, crossing a chick on the other team. I smiled just knowing I was about to score the winning shot for the championship. Four seconds and counting. I listened to the crowd roar with excitement as they counted down. I shot the ball calmly, not worrying If I'd make it or not. I practice enough for this shit, no need to worry. But once that timer went off, and I'd made the winning shot, I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear. My team mates ran around me, Kacey's strong ass picked me up and spun me around. I looked into the crowd in the stands and my smile faded. My mom nor sister hadn't showed up. I really didn't expect my sister hoe ass to come. But my mama promised, I know she doesn't like the fact that I play basketball, but she promised. Although my bestfriend Corahn was there. I put a small smile on my face as he cheered along with the crowd. I guess you can say Corahn and I are inseparable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Corahn was sitting outside the school with me while I waited on my Mom to pick me up.

"Good game today Lee" Corahn said, mocking coach Trina's voice.

Coach Trina has this squeaky ass voice that makes you wanna pop her in the mouth if she talked too much, or if she was yelling.

"Bruh stop calling me by my damn last name" I replied with a bit of attitude

I didn't mean to have that type of tone, but It just came out that way.

"Adrian, you can't be pissed cause ya moms ain't make it, maybe she was busy"

I turned to face him, feeling my face turn into a ugly Mug

"If that's the case she been busy my whole damn basketball season! She so busy She doesn't even bother to pick me up? Man gone,"

I guess he realized I was pissed. He knows how I am when I'm upset, and he also knows My relationship with my Mom isn't all that well.

"C'mon, I can drop you off, " Corahn said walking towards his car

The car ride was silent, he didn't like to talk to me while I had an attitude. He pulled into my drive way & looked at me

"Don't go in there and start no shit. Go upstairs, shower and take yo ass to bed, ill be here In the morning to pick you up, round bout 9. "

"For what? " I asked confusingly

I didn't like waking up Saturday mornings. I prefer to sleep in late, watch tv, work out, or do nothing all day on weekends, especially Saturday's.

"We gotta drop in the morning"

"Fuck you mean we?"

"Look, get out. Have yo ass up and ready"

I looked in his eyes and saw he wasnt finna listen to me. I simply got out the car and walked into the house. Soon as I walked in I noticed the smell of weed. I looked to see my Mom on the couch with some unknown man. Im sure He's the reason she didn't pick me up nor attend my championship game. The unknown man looked me up and down, and a creepy ass smile appeared across his face, he exhaled smoke from his blunt and continued to look at me.

"Angie, who Is this gorgeous, young lady?" He asked. His tone of voice, his creepy smile,  the way he looked at me, everything about this guy gave me a bad vibe.

"My daughter, Adri--

"Dont tell no stranger my name, Who is he and why he up in here smokin'?" I snapped

"A friend of mine. And cause this is my house and he can do whatever I allow, now bye, gone up stairs" She said basically shooing me off. The stranger laughed.

It's her house but I'm the one paying the bills and rent around here. Not her, not my sister, and definitely not this nigga she had up in here payed a damn thing. Now every once and a while when she got her unemployment check, she might buy groceries, buy household supplies, give me something for the bill. But that was very rare.

"Why you aint come to my game Ma?" I asked, hurt and anger clearly could be heard in my voice

"I obviously forgot. Plus, that aint no sport for no damn girl. I could care less about them games. When you break ya leg, ankle or whateva you gone wish you had've listened. Yo coach got you thinking you gone get drafted or some shit.. girl get on with that" She laughed.

I couldn't take listening to her anymore. I know when she gets high, she becomes the most disrespectful person, her true feelings come out. She's always told me basketball wasn't for me, but just In a more civil way. Yet, I get all the punishment, and harsh words but ima good student at school, I get good grades, Allaaat. True, I sell drugs with Corahn at points of times but Hell, Im nothing like my sister Shawnie. That girl skips school, drinks, smokes, and turns tricks. She gets away with murder cause 'she acts like a girl'. Meanwhile, I'm just a 'Tom-Boy' as my mama and others would say.