19

Omniscient 

Angelina hadn't gotten much sleep last night. She had a lot on her mind. Many questions surfaced in her mind.
Did I really fail my kids?
Am I really the cause for Adrian's behavior?
Did I really show favoritism between the two?
Does Adrian really not like us?
Angelina shook her thoughts off and got out of her bed, and slipped on her house shoes and robe. She yawned and walked into the bathroom. After freshening up, she went downstairs into the kitchen. She instantly started feeling some type of way, considering this was the exact same place her daughter pushed her down, and said all those words that seemed to pierce her heart. Angelina went into the living room and sat down, turning on the television. Or more like the television was watching her. She was still trying to see where she went wrong with her kids. As she thought about the past, present, and future, she heard footsteps. Then the bathroom door closed. She continued to watch television, until 40 minutes later, Adrian came downstairs in her gray nike sweatsuit, with her nike gym bag. And her hair back to being big and curly. Adrian was on her phone, texting corahn. Not wanting to be in the house once again. She decided to go to the gym and hoop around a little bit.

"Good morning," Angelina said nervously, smiling weakly.

Adrian didn't even look up from her phone let alone acknowledge her mother.

Angelina fumbled with her fingers, trying to figure out something to say. She felt so ashamed that things were this awkward with her own child.

"Adrian, I wanna say Um, sorry." Angelina sighed "Ya know for everything I put you guys through. For all the hurt I may have caused you, for the days I wasn't there, I'm sorry. I hope you accept my apology, but you gotta understand, I was only a baby when I had you myself. I had Shawnie at 15, conceived you at 15, and gave birth to you at 16." Angelina explained

This time Adrian looked up from her phone

"I didn't tell you to lay on yo back and open ya thighs." Adrian retorted.

"Angelina looked down and began fumbling with her fingers again.

"I know. But you can't expect me to be the perfect mother, when I was never taught how to be a mother, I wasn't raised right myself." Angelina said

"I didn't want you to be perfect. I wanted you to be my mother." Adrian scoffed.

"Adrian , I-

"Yeah k, bye" Adrian said cutting her off, walking to the door

"Where are you going?" Angelina questioned

"I'm going out. Oh by the way, ya slut monkey ass daughter been gone since 11 last night. Worry about her" Adrian laughed, walking out the door.

Angelina got up and looked out the window, to see Adrian getting in the passengers seat of Corahns car. She sighed to herself, and went back to her original spot on the couch.

Meanwhile, August was on his way to do his third job. He'd done his second job last night while everyone was asleep. Of course he only stole valuables once again. The whole time he only thought about how disappointed his mother would be to see him committing this sort of act. But he shook the thought off for a moment, considering she did choose a man over him. But no matter what, he could still never curse his mother out the way Adrian did Angelina. In a way he commended her on not holding her tongue and having guts to do that, but it still made him view her as a monster. In his eyes if you can disrespect and hurt the person that gave birth to you, you can hurt your lover, friends, or children even more.

Adrian

Corahn and I were on our way to to the gym. I honestly didn't feel like hooping, exercising, none of that shit. I just wanted to chill in my room and watch tv or listen to music all day. But I can't even stand nobody in that house right now. Obvious reasons with my mother, But it's also the awkwardness of being in a room with Shawnie and August. Them two Fucks irritate my life. August be pretty cool, when Shawnie ain't around. Which is that shit I hate. Be yoself no matter who around. Don't get to changing cause the next muthafucka come around.