3

"Adrian bring yo ass out the got damn bathroom!" Corahn yelled from behind the door

I was brushing my teeth and shit. Corahns mom was home and was cooking breakfast for us, Its Sunday so that means she's more than likely makings everything: Waffles, bacon, ham, sausages, eggs, french toast, and biscuits. Praise the Lord.

"Here I come!" I shouted

I walked out and Corahn walked in.

"Slow ass," He mumbled

I ignored him and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

"Heeeey, Ma," I sang smiling, then kissed her on the cheek

She smiled and continued cooking "Hey Adrian, another fight with ya Mom?"

"Yeah." I said simply, not really wanting to talk about her. she has called my phone twice. I ignored both of her calls . It made me feel good a little to know she's probably concerned or worried.

"Adrian, you gotta go home tomorrow," Mama Lockridge said

"Why?" I said a little sadly

"Baby, you gotta talk to her. But if anything goes wrong you know you welcome here. Just talk to her."

"Okay,"

She was right, I did need to talk to my Mom. I just didn't want to.

"Also, I want you to attend this dinner thing with Corahn and I."

"Okay, when is it Ma?" I asked

"Tuesday night, But here's the thing. I need to take you and Corahn shopping for it. " She replied

I laughed "Why? Ma I got plenty of clothes. I'll be fine,"

She said nothing . I found it a little weird as if she were up to something, but I let it go.

Minutes later Corahn came downstairs smiling.

"Co, what got you cheesin' like that?" Mama Lockridge asked smiling herself

"Im just happy theres only one more week of school, then ill be off to college in a couple months," He said proudly

Yeah Corahns a drug dealer, But he's smart as hell. His Mama works her ass off to provide for him and her. I guess he just got so bored at home, so he started doing what his niggas do. Slangin'.

He saves his profits for college and shit. Also clothes. Me on the other hand, I started after I watched corahn make a simple deal and made nine hundred bucks. Everysince then ive been in. I put most of my money in the bank, because if I don't, I think my shit will come up missing. Hell, basically I pay the bills. Well, Shawnie helps sometimes too. That's rare though.

My Mom doesn't care where the cash comes from, as long as theres lights, food, and electricity. My Mom used to be a strong independent woman. But I barely remember those days. I was told by my Aunt, she changed for the worse when my Dad left her, abandoning me and shawnie also.

Sometimes I wonder what kind of life I'd have if he had've stayed and took care of his responsibilities. But I refuse to cry and search for a nigga that didnt ever take the time to see how his daughters were. My Aunt says he played basketball too, and was hella good. I don't know his name, my Mom refuses to tell me, or let anybody else tell me.

"Speaking of college, where you plan on going?" I asked, crunching on a piece of bacon

He looked at me then suddenly grew quiet.

"Adrian, uh needa talk "

I immediately grew worried, everytime I hear "We need to talk" It usually Isn't good

He slowly got up and walked upstairs

I looked around confused, I glanced at mama Lockridge and noticed she avoided eye contact. I guess she already knows what I don't. I scooted back my chair and removed myself from the table and went upstairs to Corahns room, where I found him sitting at the edge of his bed. He looked at me and patted the bed, motioning me to sit down.

"So Wassup?" I asked

"Well, I wanted to let you know I got accepted to Chapman University. . "

"Really?! That's wassup Corahn," I said excitedly

We sat there smiling, then my smile faded.

"Wait, there's No Chapman University in Detroit, "

"Yeah, its in Cali." He said looking down

My heart dropped to my feet. So that's why he's been talking to his dad so often? That's why everytime I mentioned college he didn't wanna talk about it? Because he's leaving?

" So, You're Moving To Cali? Witcha Dad? " I Asked

"Yeah, I've been thinking a lot Adrian, I just can't do it anymore. I can't stay somewhere where I know no good is coming to me. Basketball ain't even fun for me no more, seeing my niggas and family die over little petty shit. I gotta make it outta here and be somebody. Plus maybe ill achieve my dreams of being a dancer down there. Adrian I'm sorry I ain't tell ya sooner. But I wanna see you make it outta here too. "

I wanted to say "Its okay, Im happy for you," but those words wouldn't come out. Instead I just sat there staring into his green speckled eyes. There was a lump in my throat, I so badly wanted to cry. I wanted to beg and plead for him not to go. But I couldn't. I know him moving is for the best. I couldn't ask him to stay just because Of the simple fact I wanted him to.

"Oh, well t-thats good," I said stuttering, trying to keep the sorrow out of my voice.

He pulled me in a warm hug. I knew he could tell I was hurt that he was leaving me here, all alone. Sure, I had his Mom, but as soon as she misses Corahn, I bet she'll be gone too. I wrapped my arms around him while a couple tears escaped from my eyes to his Shirt. He gently rocked me back and fourth in his arms. While my heart screamed what my mouth couldn't: Please Don't Go, I Love You, I Need You, Please Don't Leave Me. You're All I Have ...

I Felt Sorry For Adrian Myself Writting This. Lol, A Few Comments Please?