33

"Be still!" Cece stressed, flat ironing my hair.

"I am, stop yanking my fucking head so hard." I complained

Were getting ready for corahns little party or whatever. I didn't wanna even wanna have my hair flat ironed but Cece said it was necessary.

"Adrian girl, you got some pretty ass hair."

"Thank you,"

"Ima curl it one day. It's gone be so pretty."

"Bitch if I want curls I can just wear my hair like I been wearing it."

"Shut up, not them type of curls."

"Whatever, can I go get dressed now?" I asked

"Yes, you can go get dressed Adrian" she said, finishing up my hair.

I decided to wear my nautica polo, and my stone washed true religions, along with my mid-high white Air Force ones.

"You ready?" I asked Cece

"Hell yeah, I hope she can cook like you say, cause I'm hungry as fuck."

"Trust me, you'll be going for thirds. And bringing a plate home." I assured

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we pulled up to the house, cars lined the side of the street, which told me corahns Aunts and uncles had to be here too. I prayed as Cece parked the car. I prayed that everything would go smoothly, and I could take my ass home with some spaghetti salad and taco salad.
I stepped out the car, and fixed my clothes and my hair.

"Don't say nothing off the wall to this boy," I told Cece. Even though she's never met him in person, she'd had it out for him every since I told her about our situation.

"I won't Adrian damn, come on. You know I'm starving" she complained.

I laughed to myself as I knocked on the door, soon as I got on the porch I heard laughter and people talking. I didn't even have to knock twice before the door was snatched open, and there stood mama Lockridge.

"Hey, Mama Lockridge" I said smiling at her.

"Hey love" she said pulling me into her arms, smiling back.

She released me and welcomed Cece and I in the house.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Mama Lockridge this is my friend Cecelia, but everyone calls her Cece." I said introducing her.
Cece smiled and greeted her.

"Nice to meet you, Cece." Mama Lockridge said with a warm smile.

"Nice too meet you too, Ms.Lockridge."

"Adrian I'm sure you remember my knuckle head brothers and sisters, Chuck, Ricky, Q, Pam, And Monica."

When she said that, Ricky and Q spun around.

"Of course she remembers us, were cooler than you and funnier than you, ms prissy." Q said.

"Yeah" Ricky consigned

"Shut the hell up, ass wipes." Mama Lockridge rolled her eyes as Cece laughed at the two. They began to mumble smart comebacks under their breaths. I wish I had older brothers like them, they're childish and funny. That makes a great big brother for me.

"Anyways, how are you Adrian?" Chuck asked me

"I'm doing pretty good, you?"

"I'm just fine, long as I'm living and I ain't broke or hungry."

I smiled at his wisdom.

"Okay, Okay I feel you." I nodded.

"Um, I'm sorry to interrupt, but will you tell yo got damn son to bring his ass on? Shit, we starving waiting on his bright ass." Ricky butted in, speaking to Mama Lockridge