13

The next morning, I'd waken up to only see Shawnie and I were the only ones in the room. I figured August was just downstairs or someshit.

Slowly walking to the bathroom to brush my teeth, shower, all that good shit. Which some bitches forget to do every morning. Afterwards, I eent downstairs, To see August wasn't there. I shrugged and decided to make my self a egg, ham, & cheese sandwich.

While scrambling my eggs, August dragged through the front door.

"When you get a key made?" I asked, realizing he just strolled through the door, when I know damn well I ain't give him a key.

"Shawnie used hers to make me a copy," He mumbled yawning walking in the kitchen. I noticed he still had on his clothes from lastnight. A black v neck, Some Levis, and some black vans. It was simple as hell, but he made it work. It looked nice on him to be honest. Just wait til he start pushin' that weight. He ain't gone even wanna wear a simple out fit like that again. I caught myself gawking at his looks, he was so handsome to me. But I didn't too much care for his attitude.

He gone be like the rest of us. I used to wear the same pair of chucks all the time. Shawnie used to wear her friend's shit, Corahn dressed well, Lets not forget he has a hard working mother, and a father who supports him in Cali.

I used to wear the same clothes, over and fucking over. When I turned thirteen or maybe even twelve, I started stealing my shit. I'd only take shit like black jeans, plain blue jeans and a couple hoodies. I didn't get picked on much though, because I quickly learned to stand up for myself, bitches knew that I'd make a house trip.

Yeah I was a bold lil girl. I'd actually walk on your porch, ring your doorbell and tell yo momma, daddy, brother, sister, grandma, grandad, aunt, uncle, whoever to tell you to come outside. Then tell you to square up.

It was a good feeling to whoop somebodys ass on they own property. That phase didn't last long though, Mama beat my ass for a time when I beat some girl ass, and punched her mama. I didn't mean to hit her, she just got in the way. Turns out, my mama knew the lady.

"Where was you?" I asked taking my eggs out the skillet.

"Na I gotta tell you whea' I been?" He said looking at me with his low, Sleepy eyes

"My fault" I laughed shaking my head.

"I start work tomorrow," He said looking at me smiling a little

"That's good, what he got you selling? weed, syrup, pills ..." I trailed off

"Nah. No selling." He furrowed his eye brows

"That's what all rookies do?" I said in Confused manner.

"Tank want me to be a Hitta," My eyes immediately widened.

That wasn't a job for August. A Hita' Is The ones that start off breaking in houses stealing valuables,robbing, Then they'll be killing and torturing people. When I got involved in this shit I made damn sure I stayed far away from that shit.

August wasn't a thief nor a killer. I may not have known him that long, But I know that aint a job for him.

"I don't think you wanna do that." I said shaking my head

"Why?" he asked

"Boy, do you see how you do Shawnie when she cries? You got too much of a heart for that job." I said shrugging

"I think of Shawnie as a friend. I could careless bout a random cryin female."

"Baby boy, so you can easily beat a females ass about a measly 50 bucks?" I asked