15

"Mannn, y'all got anything sweet in this bitch? A nigga gotta sweet tooth." Corahn said getting up of the bed to rummage threw my dresser drawers. I don't know what the hell he think he gone find. Shit, I barely buy candy.

When I do get sweet tooths, I just take something from shawnies side of the room. That bitch always have junk food.

"Ain't shit in there. Go look up in shawnies dresser." I told him
He closed my drawers up and went over to shawnies dresser and began rummaging.

As he rummaged he pulled out a picture of Shawnie and I. Our hair was all over the place, but we were giving big toothy ass grins. I was missing two front teeth.

"You was a ugly ass lil girl" corahn laughed

"Back then they didn't want me, na I'm hot they all on me." I laughed

He returned the picture back to where it was, and pulled out some star bursts. Then furrowed his eye brows. He pulled out a white envelope and tossed it in my lap.

It was for me. And it was from University of Detroit Mercy. I applied a while ago, and Im just now see this damn letter. But Im more concerned of why the hell it's In her drawer.
I tossed it back to corahn growing nervous to open it.

"You open it," I said nervously
Without any hesitation he ripped it open. Unfolding the paper he began to read to himself. He looked back up at me with sad eyes. Damn, I didn't make it. I try to do something productive and it backfires. UDM is the main college I wanted to attend, thats why I only applied there. To me, it's the best college for basketball in Detroit.

I looked back at him with a disappointed face. Suddenly, his sad eyes brightened and he began to smile hard

"Guess who's Finna be a Lady Titan?" He asked "They want you baby girl." He smiled

I began to smile, unable to speak. All I could think was, all this hard work actually is beginning to pay off. I'm finally gonna be playing college basketball. Something my mama always thought wouldn't happen.

Yo coach got you thinking you gone get recruited or some shit. That's what she'd just told me not to long ago. Now I'm finna be on the road to my dreams, next step is to get drafted.

"Congratulations" corahn said as he hugged me.

"Thanks co."

"When you step on that court for the WNBA someday, don't forget about that nigga named corahn" corahn said smiling slightly

"And when you be dancing professionally in videos, or being a choreographer, remember that lil savage girl named Adrian" I joked

"I wish I could be here for yo first game." He said sadly

"Aye, don't get sappy. You'll always have my number. And I know you gone bring yo ass back to visit yo mama. I know yo daddy got bands, have him fly my ass out to you." I laughed

He laughed slightly

"Camille told me that same shit," He laughed

I shrugged. Why the hell would he fly her to California? She just fuck him from time to time. He can easily find a new fuck toy. Bitches love corahn. He thinks he's just that nigga, but I honestly think it's his eyes that pull the hoes in. There's plenty off tall, lightskin good looking niggas around. But a tall ass, handsome nigga with a pretty smile, plus them rainbow ass eyes is a total pack for many bitches.

"She only gone miss the d." I stated

"Shit ima miss her ass too. Do you know how hard it is to find a female who'd fuck and leave? No feelings involved? Camille didn't even care if I had a bitch, a baby, a wife, she just wanted to fuck." He said.

He talking like this bitch seriously special. Like she's a good woman

"Exactly, she nasty as hell. For her to be that spoiled she need to buy herself a dildo. Ain't no dick that good to be willing to fuck up somebody's family"

"But I don't have a family."

"But if you did, you just said she was willing." I said

"Speaking of family, you want kids Adrian? I ain't never heard you ever talk about a family." He said
To be honest, I haven't quite thought about it. I don't know if I'm a baby person, I just always wanted a little brother when I was younger.

I wasn't your average little girl back then. I didn't play with dolls, mainly cause we couldn't afford them, but I also didn't like them. I didn't play house and pretend to be the wife. I took my ass outside and played with chalk. But now that I think about it, I do wanna leave a piece of me on earth, to continue my legacy.

"Yeah, but I don't want no little girl" I said furrowing my eyebrows

"Why not?" He laughed
"Cause little girls in the future will be even faster. I don't wanna deal with periods, girl friend problems, boyfriend problems, I just can't deal with a girl. Specially if she have a mouth like mine." I joked

"I'm sure whatever you have, you'll be a good mama." He smiled

"Shit you better hope so." I laughed
"but nah for real, if I just so happen to get pregnant I just hope it be when I'm good and set. My own crib, a good paycheck, nice relationship, I want everything to be prepared." I said

"I feel you" corahn nodded "I also hope you have yo temper in check." Corahn said seriously

I sighed "I know I got a bad temper, but I don't think I'm capable of hurting a child. Ima try my damn hardest to raise my child right." I said.

"What about you? You want a family rahn?"

"Well I know I want kids fasho. But I don't know about marriage."

I nodded

"You want a boy or a girl?" I asked
"It don't matter to me" he shrugged. "All ima be concerned about is taking care of my seed. And I mean financially and emotionally and physically. My daddy was always the type to throw money. And that was it. My mama always worked, I don't even know why. Maybe cause she so strong willed and refused to live off my dad. Anyways, I lacked attention. Which is one of the reasons I started moving bricks." He said

I nodded, but truthfully, I disagreed. I'm not finna put my life on the line, or risk going to jail for no damn attention. This money he get from tank he really don't even fucking need. I do this shit cause I need quick money fast.

I ain't got time for no minimum wage job that ain't gone even cover half these fucking bills. Maybe I don't understand where he's coming from, but I just don't agree. If he wanted some attention he shoulda did some community work, got involved with sports, shit something.

"You know what I wanna know?" I asked him

"What?"

"I wanna know why the hell my letter was in her drawer" I said thinking about Shawnie

Every reason I thought of made no fucking sense. This bitch was up to something. And I can't wait till she bring her ass home to asked her about it. Whatever goes down tonight is just going down. I'm not Finna hold my tongue any longer. If she wanna act crazy in front of corahn or august, I can act act insane and beat her ass in front of em too.

C o m m e n t s ?
V o t e s :D