26

As Angelina held and comforted her daughter, she could only think of how many times she could've hurt her like corahn did, or even worse than what he did. She began to reminisce on the days when Adrian was only an newborn, and Shawnie was only a year old. How much Shawnie loved to shower her little sister with kisses. And now the two fight like strangers on the street, Over the smallest things.

Angelina sees herself a lot in Shawnie. She'd skip school, smoke, drink, sneak out, everything Shawnie does or did. Except Angelina started at a very young age.

Growing up, she always loved to rebel against her parents rules, they wanted her to be the perfect child, make no mistakes, discipline her about normal mistakes humans make day by day. She'd have to sit a certain way, talk a certain way, even eat a certain way. Her parents were the true definition of bougie.

Once Angelina got pregnant with Shawnie, they wanted her to either terminate her, or give her up for adoption once she was born. Angelina refused to do either. When she did, they banned her from their house, and banished her from the family.

That's when Angelina ran away to her sister Kamille, her sister helped her get a small house, the one which the live in now. Kamille signed for everything, since she was the one legal to do so. The land lord didn't seem to care that Angelina was his underage, pregnant tenant, as long as he got paid. Angelina and her baby's father made sure to do so, no matter what they had to do.

Months after Adrian was born, Her father became depressed, there wasn't only one child keeping them up at night, and milking their pockets, now there was two. He was tired of the life. He began picking arguments, staying out late, most of the time playing basketball, but sometimes with other females also.

He was only eighteen with two children. It all became stressful on him. But he failed to think about Angelina she was only 16 with two kids, and was trying her best to cope with the responsibilities of being a parent.

There was no more parties, no more school, no more school dances, she could definitely kiss graduating on time goodbye. She had to drop out her freshman year, which is when she was pregnant with Shawnie. She attempted to return back to school but almost everybody stared at her or whispered things into their friends' ear about her. After hearing her teacher telling the principle she was a terrible example for other kids because she was a loose fast little girl, she decided she couldn't deal with high school anymore either.

She would've had to drop out anyway, because Kamille could barely keep the kids. She had to work, or either she was studying for a test in college.
Kamille and Angelina share the same father, but they looked so much alike, they looked as if they could've had the same mother And father. By Kamille being 20, she was able to sign for everything Angelina owned.

Angelina's parents never seen Shawnie, and never knew about Adrian. They did however offer to let Angelina come back home. Times were getting tough, Shawnie and Adrian's father was barely coming home, they were barely pulling in enough money to pay the rent. The offer included that she'd cut ties with her baby's father, boyfriend, bestfriend, first love, her everything. That deal, automatically went down the drain, there was no way she'd exclude him from her life, of course she was simply just young and in love. And love can cause you to do crazy things. She loved him so much, she was willing to live in poverty, when she could live in a huge house, in a good neighborhood, or the"other side of tracks " as they called it.
They also told her Shawnie wasn't welcome. With that, Angelina turned them down, and declared she would never speak to them again, nor did she want to see them.

They disowned their own grand child, as if she were the one who did something wrong. Only thing they knew about her was, her name is Shawniece Layla Lee. 19 years and counting, and Angelina still hadn't seen them or heard from them.

When Adrian was only a few months old, Her Father finally had enough. He was tired of coming home to kids. He wanted to have fun, he wanted to be free. Free of his responsibilities. He became obsessed with the idea of taking his life back, or truthfully, leaving his family behind.

That day, when Angelina watched him walk out the door with his bags, she begged him not to go. She literally dropped to her knees and begged him to stay.

"Please!" She wailed "Whatever I did baby I'm sorry, just don't do this" she cried looking up at him from the floor

He looked down at her and looked at her as if she were nothing, but a piece of trash. Turning away from her he turned the knob on the door.
Angelina grabbed his pants leg

"Don't do this to me, We got two beautiful daughters in that room. Don't do this to them," she pled

He shook his head "Bye Angie. Take care"

Still rocking a crying Adrian in her arms, she began crying with her. She knew exactly how Adrian felt. She felt as if corahn abandoned her. Angelina definitely knew how that felt. She never expected him to leave her and their kids. Never called, never came to visit, nothing. Only thing he left, was a small chain with a small basketball on it. He'd had it every since junior high, then he said he'd give it to Adrian some day because she loved to tug on it as a baby.
Shawnie and august came upstairs after a while because of the sounds of screaming and crying.

They actually thought Adrian probably had attacked Angelina, but were shocked to see her holding on to her tight, crying like a baby. Angelina waved them away, to let them know everything was okay.

"I've been causing y'all the same amount as hurt as my parents caused me. I'm only repeating what's been done to me, to you guys. I'm so sorry." She said lowly

"Ima fix it, I promise."

This chapter was mainly about Angelina
I need comments and votes of course
Sorry it's short, I've been doing too much shit.