Chapter 39

whoo, we might just make it to forty chapters. yay. :)

thanks for all the kind words about this story. it's always been a bit of a struggle to write but thank you all so much for the love. <333

*this may or may not have been inspired by Fashion Show Harry. Ugh, that animal print and that coat. sweet baby jesus. 

didn't edit this and i was writing this during some episodes of Chopped. Nothing was on so, hope this makes sense and enjoy :)

Chapter Thirty Nine

Olivia's POV

Before I even had time to check if there would be a nonstop flight back to Bradford, I was being yanked out of a cab by my favorite teacher in the entire world who taught me the importance of being proud of who you are and how to find your way in this crazy world. Mister Wilson was an expert of his own advice. He knew exactly who he was and he literally could make his way around the world. Fluent in French, he was my only guide when we first arrived in the city. I clung onto him like a koala to a tree. He was my escort and until he taught me enough French to get me around town, I never left my apartment without him. 

"Olivia, do you have your coat?" He asked after handing the money to the cab driver. 

"Yes, Father." I recited in an extra sweet tone. Mister Wilson had been nothing less than a father to me during this whole experience.

"Smile for the cameras, darling. This is your moment." 

At first I didn't understand what he meant. All I had been focused on was making sure I didn't drop my purse or leave my little notepad back at in the hotel. When I looked up, I could see some photographers coming near Mister Wilson and I. I wasn't phased at all. Not even the slightest. 

I was older now. I was more mature. I was twenty two. I was just about to unveil my first line in Fashion Week. I'd been talked about for months and I'd been trained to be the best. I knew who I was. I was Olivia Devine. I was no longer Josh Devine's little sister or that deaf girl. I wasn't just Zayn Malik's girlfriend. The titles fell off me as I held my head up a little higher. My heels hit the pavement as I walked alongside my teacher. I put my hearing aid in with pride after pulling it out of my purse. 

I wanted to hear them talk about me. I wanted to hear every single word around me so I put Josh's gift to good use, and turned it up a little louder.

"Olivia, are you excited to about your featured spot in the fashion show tonight?" A camera was turned on me and a microphone was pressed right under my scarlett red lips. 

"Absolutely. It's an honor and I'm really excited for tonight." I smiled a little wider and waited for another question. 

"Is that a hearing aid in your ear, Olivia?" 

"Yes. Is that going to be a problem?" A smirk played at my lips as the interviewers laughed and nodded in approval. 

"Olivia, Olivia!" They continued to shout and I smiled and waved like I should. 

"Please, guys. Call me Liv." 

There was a difference between Olivia and Liv. Olivia was lost. Olivia was heartbroken and confused. Liv was confident and was ready to leave her mark on the world. She knew Zayn would be proud. 

He'd be with her tonight. In her heart.

* * * * *