Chapter 14

CHRISTMAS THEMED CHAPTER! :D

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· °°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.·

Olivia's POV, duh.

Chapter 14

I squealed as Josh put a Santa hat on me and pulled it over my eyes as I was trying to decorate the tree. My mom laughed behind me as my father clicked the camera's button, snapping pictures.

"JOSH!" I screamed and lifted the hat above my eyes, the fur no longer blinding me. I blew the little cottonball at the end of the hat out of my eyes and finally managed to glare at him. He snickered and ran out of the living room, jumping over the couch, causing my mom to yell.

"YOU'RE DEAD!" I started to run after him but my mom pulled me back, grabbing the hem of my Christmas sweater.

"You're not done decorating yet, young lady." She said, handing me the garland as I groaned. Times like these I wished I didn't have my hearing aid on. Then I could've just ran after the loser. "The boys will be here any -"

Loud knocks hit the door and the doorbell rang. I smiled, so glad I could hear that. I smirked at my mom who smiled back at me. "Well, there they are."

I often flinched at every new sound I heard, but my fear was immediately replaced with curiosity. It took a while to get used to. I cried a lot. Some were happy tears, others were sad. Ben took me out for a walk in the park the other day. There was some kind of accident. I wasn't sure what happened to the man. The sirens bellowed and paramedics barked urgently as a man was placed in a stretcher and loaded into the ambulance, the presence of death towering over his body. I heard his groans and cries for help. His hoarse cough. I hated it. I ripped the aid out as Ben tried to comfort me.

As little as the aid seems, it had such a huge effect on me. Some were positive, others negative.

I snapped out of my thoughts as Ben answered the door, flour from the cookies we had been baking earlier on his clothes and face.

"IT'S THE DEVINE FAMILY!" The boys yelled as Ben opened it wide. They walked into the house, big grins on and presents in their hands. They were looking just as festive with their reindeer ears, Santa hats, and Christmas sweaters. They weren't the ugly kind that your grandma might shove into your hands and you'd fake a smile. They looked warm and cozy and cute.

"IT'S FOUR FIFTH OF ONE DIRECTION!" My dad played along, causing the boys to laugh. We all joined in.

"Is Zayn still in the hospital?" My mum asked, putting another ornament on the tree. That was our family ornament with all our names engraved on it in the most beautiful cursive.

"Yes, Mrs. Devine." The boys said politely. The boys could act like angels sometimes. Other times they were your worst nightmare. I rolled my eyes as they started to snicker.

"We're going to visit him today actually." Liam piped up.

"You better finish this tree of you want to go." My mum nudged me a bit.

"Yeah, Olivia." Josh sneered.

"Josh, you didn't even put the lights up outside!"

"Oooooh!" Ben and I chided, acting childish as Josh frowned. My dad shook his head and laughed. Without a word, he dragged Josh outside, shoving the Christmas lights in his hands as he huffed.

"Boys, come help me!" I called to the four of them, who were still standing near the doorway.

Ben and my mum disappeared into the kitchen as the boys rushed over to help me decorate the tree. It wasn't easy. The boys seemed to be doing what I asked them too which I was thankful for. They hummed Christmas carols that were stuck in my head as the red, gold, green, and white ornaments were placed on the firs and branches of the tree. The smell of Mum's cookies and homemade frosting started to distract Niall, but he kept working.