Chapter 22

One of my favorites! :D

*****************************************************************************************************************

Twenty Two

Olivia's POV

"You here?" I asked through my phone, balancing it between my ear and shoulder.

"Uh-huh. I'm out front."

"Be down in a sec."

"One." He said with a snicker.

"Not literally, stupid. Byeeee."

I hung up, grabbed Zayn's leather jacket - which I'd grown quite fond of - and ran downstairs.

"Where you going, little lady?" Ben stopped me before I was completely gone. "Do you have a date? Oooh. JOSH! OLIVIA HAS A DATE!" He yelled, smirking at me.

"LET'S CRASH IT!" Josh cackled from upstairs.

"NO!" I yelled, with a laugh. "I'll be back later, losers!"

I ran out the door and came out just in time, since I saw Zayn beginning to fumble with his cigars.

"Hey," i whispered, jogging over to him.

"Like your jacket." He winked, shoving the cigars away. I pretended not to notice.

"Thanks."

"I should buy you one. Then we can match."

"Shopping! Yay!"

"C'mon. It's cold out here." He opened the door of his car with a little smile. I returned it, slipping inside. He walked over to his seat as I looked around for any trace of him actually smoking. I just gave him an innocent smile and stopped rummaging through his nice car.

"Why do you smoke?" i asked quietly. He had the car started up, warm air blowing out and around us making me feel comfortable. The music was lowly playing as Zayn tensed a little in his seat.

"Stress." He muttered. "Relieves my stress. It's not easy being famous sometimes."

"Maybe I should try -"

"No!" He said quickly. "No, Olivia."

"I was only kidding -"

"Olivia, I don't care. I still don't want you harming your body at all!"

"Zayn, I -"

"I don't care how hard your life is getting! I don't care if your mom and dad aren't talking anymore. I don't care if your surgery is coming up and you're scared as hell!" He stopped only to take a deep breath. He pulled the car over even, showing me how worked up he really was about the whole thing.

"S-Sorry, I need to . . . "

He sighed and stepped out of the car, taking some deep breaths as he leaned against his black car. I sat quietly inside to myself for a while. I debated on whether to give him a cigarette or not. I started to call Harry to maybe see if something was wrong, but realized it was my job as his girlfriend to maybe find out.

I slowly got out of the car and quietly walked by him. Together we stood there against the car, in sweet silence. I took his hand, squeezing it occasionally. I closed my eyes, beginning to take my aid out to enjoy it more but Zayn grabbed my arm in an attempt to stop me.

"What's it like?" He asked softly. His eyes were right on me, It was intimidating, yet sweet.

"What do you mean?"