Chapter 38

Third Person POV to mix things up a bit :)

The two souls had gone their separate ways with good intentions, but not good plans. There was always a consequence when it came to following a dream. The two realized this immediately and were truly heartbroken.

The days went by quicker and every new year celebration meant another year closer to seeing one another again. It was their drive. Zayn worked a little harder when it came to his art and Olivia put a lot more caution into each stitch and design.

Absence truly did make the heart grow fonder. It wasn't just some cliche. If anything, Olivia missed Zayn more and more each day. No boy even mattered in her eyes because none compared to Zayn. That made her wonder if she was as important to Zayn as he was to her. It was funny how it all worked.

They both crossed off another day on the calendar's with delight and lived on the little lie that they truly would see each other again. Because they had lied to themselves so much, they truly believed they would meet up at their cafe on their day at the exact time and no later. They believed they would get another chance.

They believed everything was going to be okay.

Isn't that what always happened? They'd get through everything together whether they were best friends or confused lovers. It was their promise. No matter what happened, we'd be okay.

And if Olivia had a boyfriend, Zayn often recited to himself. He'd be happy for her. Even if he believed he could be a better suitor.

And if Zayn had a girlfriend, Olivia reminded herself, she'd be more than supportive of him and wouldn't throw a hissy fit because they were supposed to live happily ever after.

They loved each other. They let each other go so the other could breathe. Isn't that what love was all about? Love was about sacrifice and trust.

They were just two kids before. Two confused kids with unsure minds and distressed souls, but now, they knew who they were.

The Artist and the Designer. They were using their hands for the good of the world and soon they'd be using their hands to embrace each other. Audrey Hepburn always said the best thing to world in the world was simply each other.

Miss Audrey Hepburn was known for Breakfast at Tiffany's and not known as always being right.

"What do you mean the fashion show is tomorrow?!" Olivia screamed as she dropped her eyeliner. She was just on her way to head to the very last fitting before the biggest show during Fashion Week here in Paris. Her designs would be unveiled on the runway and she was in shock of the sudden buzz around her. She was in small articles in magazines and newspapers. She was the rising star from the UK. She was nicknamed as the next Betsy Johnson.

"Is there a problem, Olivia?" Her teacher raised his eyebrows as he smoothed his coat out in the car. He turned to face his student after looking at the streets of France out the window.

Olivia grumbled as she finished her makeup in the moving car and stuffed her phone in her bag. She turned to Mister Wilson and merely lifted up her wrist. Her lover all the way in Italy had been frustrated about the same dilemma.

"If the unveiling is tomorrow, I'm not sure I want to go." Zayn looked into Miss Rosa's eyes after looking down at the ink he specifically put on his wrist for a special girl.

"Why is that, Zayn? This is a huge honor."

"I'm a firm believer in making promises, Miss Rosa, and this is one I simply cannot break."