Chapter 30

(the long awaited) Chapter 30 gah, my updates are so slow. sorry! :(

"I don't know about you," The radio blared. "But I'm feeling twenty twoooo, everything will be all right - "

"NO." Harry said, shutting off the radio. 

I bursted out into laughter. "C'mon! It feels like a perfect night - "

"The sun is still out, child." 

"To dress up like hipsters - "

"I don't have hipster clothes." 

I glared at him, looking up and down. "Quit lying to yourself."

"I'm not!"

I took the fedora off his head and waved it around. "Sure, Styles." I snorted. I missed my best friend. I missed these random and sometimes awkward talks just about absolutely nothing. "Even Louis style is changing. It's hot." I giggled a little. "Didn't he get new tattoos?" 

"I'm telling Zaaaynn," Harry said mischievously as he turned the radio back on. He cringed as Taylor's voice blared out only for a second until he changed it to another station. "And yes, he got new tattoos." 

"Y'all are idiots. You're going to be on America's Worst Tattoos one day." I shook my head as we both laughed. "I'm not kidding!" 

"But you like Zayn's tattoos, right?" 

"Yes." 

"But not mine?" 

"Who gets a freaking butterfly on their chest?!" I screamed and Harry merely laughed at my loud outburst. "You probably have a smiley face on your body, because like your two nipples, and then the antennaes make a smiley face." I laughed at my own observation. 

"Sheesh, do you want to find out? Who thinks these things?" Harry muttered. 

"I do, okay? Your fans wonder too!"

"Why am I driving you to your date?" Harry tapped his fingers on the driver's wheel. 

"Because my brother doesn't trust me. I can drive you know!" I said excitedly. 

"Oh really? In like Mario Kart?" He teased. 

"No! LIke for real! I finally got my license!" 

"Again. Why am I driving then?"

"Because I wanted to hang out with you, ultra mega best friend." I smiled extra sweetly. It was so fake it hurt. We both bursted out laughing. 

"Get out of the car, ultra mega best friend. My other ultra mega best friend is waiting for you inside." He grinned at me. 

"I thought I was your only one!" I pretended to be offended. 

"You gotta share me, babe. I'm just that loveable." He winked as I rolled my eyes and kissed his cheek. "Have fun. But not too much."

"Go home, you're drunk." I muttered and shut the door with a laugh.

Zayn was waiting for me inside the restaurant. His suit was on as he pulled the chair out for me to take a seat.

"What's all this for?" I said with a playful smile. 

"Just because a gorgeous girl like you deserves to be taken out." He kissed my cheek before he took a seat.

"Something's up." I raised my eyebrows a little. "It's not my birthday for like another like couple months."

"Nothing's up! I just love you." Zayn took my hand and squeezed it.

"I love you too?" I laughed a little. "This is so weird. I'm still not used to this lavish lifestyle." 

"Well, I hope you get used to it. "

"Why is that?" 

"I hope to spend the rest of my life with you, Olivia."

I bit my lip. Usually I'd blush, turn red, and giggle how sweet he was, but suddenly, it all hit me. Why me? I was absolutely nothing special. I was a mess. A hot mess and if you looked deeply enough into my eyes you could see how truly insane I was. 

Zayn deserved a model or some amazing girl who was confident and happy and beautiful and who was carefree. I wasn't any of those things. I was the complete opposite - an unstable, lost soul.

"Why on earth would you want to do something like that?" I muttered half heartedly. 

Zayn's eyes were gentle, holding me like a fragile artifact he found in the deepest of dark caves. "You don't know how lovely you are, Devine." 

"Clearly not." My eyes stared right into him. There was no trace of fakeness or merely words he knew would make me swoon. He meant it all. He really thought I was . . . lovely. 

"Well, you are. And so many other things." 

I stared at my fancy napkin and traced over the embelishments. I stared at his glass of champagne and down at my pretty dress I wore just for him. My heels hurt my feet and my head started to throb. 

"Tell me." I whispered with my eyes closed.

"Beautiful. Outgoing. Sweet. Strong. Lovely." There was a sweet silence. A silence I was used too. All I'd heard was the clanking of dishes and laughter and the relaxing music. In the middle of it all, I heard one little word that meant so much to me. 

"Mine."

His lips smashed into mine as soon as the four letter word trickled out from his perfect lips.

The whole night we drank champagne as couples and other happy people around us commented on how adorable and cute we were together. We discussed our dreams and hopes for the future and little things. He promised one day he'd take me to Milan and Paris and would take me wherever my heart desired. I told him he barely got out of the bed so I doubted her actually would. We played twenty questions even though we practically knew everything about each other. We laughed and kissed and danced when we out of the posh and fancy restaurant. I let my hair and and took my heels off and ran out in the streets with no fear of being hit.

We ran into the darkness right ahead with confidence, chasing after the lights and little lanterns that carried our hope and love towards our paradise. Our hands were intertwined and we both had no intentions to let go. 

Was it possible for love to be so perfect? Was it possible for a love to be so strong? 

I had my suspicions about love. I had my suspcions about everything. I was an overthinker. I could barely pick between two candy bars. My mind could take the smallest thing and blow it up into something huge.

Of course, it all seemed to good to be true but with Zayn, it had felt only natural.