Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Zayn opened his mouth, then immediately closed it. He finally realized I wasn't listening.

 I stood there, sobbing and shaking just desperately wanting him to stop yelling and hold me. I wanted him to just say 'It's all right. Sorry I snapped.' and I'd slip into his arms like you'd slip into a sweater and we'd fit better together.

It took Zayn a while but eventually, he did.

He wrapped his arms around me slowly and I felt his beard tickle the side of my face as he gently rocked back and forth with me in his arms. My breathing slowed down as I shattered in his arms. Even still he held me close.

 He took my hand holding the hearing aid, slowly peeled my fingers off it, and slipped it back into my ear. He slowly turned it on and I could hear his steady breathing.

 'I-I'm sorry, doll," He whispered and I was too overcome with rage earlier to notice that even he was crying a little. "I really am." 

"N-No, I'm sorry. I-I should've just l-listened to you." I buried my head into his neck, taking in his cologne as he rubbed my back. "I won't hang out with Tristan anymore." 

"He looks at you the way I look at you, Liv."

"And how do you look at me?" I whispered softly.

"Like you're the most beautiful girl in the world and I want you all to myself." He whispered honestly and I slowly felt myself smile.

"Really?"

"Really."

We stood in the middle of the hallway like this, just clinging onto each other.

He started to hum as he gently rocked my back and forth. Eventually I recognized the tune as 'Let Me Love You' and I smiled.

"Girl let me love you

And I will love you

Until you learn to love yourself

Girl let me love you

And all your trouble

Don't be afraid, girl let me help

Girl let me love you

And I will love you

Until you learn to love yourself

Girl let me love you

A heart of numbness, gets brought to life

I'll take you there"

He sang it nice and slow, voice still rough from crying making his voice sound raspy. It was perfect. My once tear filled eyes shut for a second until opened them. I still didn't let go of Zayn. I didn't want too. I wanted to stay this way forever.

"I-I'm really sorry. I won't hang out with him anymore." 

"I won't be so jealous all the time." 

"It's kinda cute when you're jealous though." I smiled, hoping to lighten up the mood. 

"Is it really?" He rolled his eyes. "I don't think I've ever seen you jealous." 

"Hmph." I grumbled. "You know how hard it is when millions of other girls are making googly eyes over my boyfriend if you even take a step outside or if they follow the Zayn Malik tag on tumblr? It's not easy." 

"Woah there, girlie!" He laughed a little and I could feel both our bodies loosen up. The tension was gone and replaced with love. 

"Plus it was hard not to stab Perrie when I just wanted to be in your arms." I said, quietly. 

"What was that? I'm sorry, but were you just hinting at the fact that you were in love with me since the moment you saw me?" He pulled away just to lean in purposely, hand cupped around his ear as he had a smug smirk on his face. 

I shoved him a little, feeling my cheeks get all red as Zayn laughed. 

"You're the worst." I rolled my eyes as I sank down to the floor.

"You're stupid." He rolled his eyes. 

"Why? Because I called you the worst when you're clearly the 'best'?" I teased, looking up at him. 

"No." He said casually and I raised my eyebrows at him. "Even though that's true," It was my turn to roll my eyes as we both laughed. "But, there's a couch right there you know." 

He pointed up the the comfy looking furniture and I sighed. 

"I like the floor better." I smiled innocently up at him as he groaned, sinking down beside me. I giggled as he took my hand, rubbing my thumb gently. I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I felt Zayn turn to look at me and scrunched my nose up. "What? It there something on my face? Like a pimple?" I jerked my head off his shoulder and immediately felt my face, trying to check. 

He laughed, kissing my nose. "Nah. You're just so gorgeous."

"Lies." 

"Truth." He shot back as I laughed. 

"Whatever." 

"You love me." Zayn prompted. "Lies or truth?"

"Truth." I smiled, kissing his cheek. "You love me. Lies or truth?" 

"The absolute truth, doll."

"So, we're okay?" I whispered softly. 

"'Course." He leaned over and kissed my lips, sealing the deal.